Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pobda and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KevTheBusDriver

Quote from: mk1gtstu on January 07, 2014, 07:11:25 PM
I bought this off ebay the other day, my first ever class 45 Peak! :claphappy:
Its secondhand but is like new & runs smooth. As its an older China split chassis Farish model I'm thinking of taking the knife to it at some point & doing a bit of detailing  >:D

I'd like to fit lights to it as it doesn't have any, anybody else done this to theirs?  :hmmm:

cheers, Stu.  :)
I know I'm 7 years after the event, but today I successfully fitted a white LED behind the headcode on a Farish Class 45 (DC only, white LED lit at front). A 3x2mm LED, a surface mount 2K2 resistor and a 3x3 bit of stripboard. No mods to the loco except scraping the paint off the top lip of the chassis ends. If I can get some decent photos I'll add the details to the tutorials...

Railwaygun

The most important specimen   is missing - the NGF special wagon!
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Foxhound

Picked up this Brush Four through Steve Emeny on the NGS classifieds and it's a beast! Really pleased with it. The Conflats it's running with came from Carl Woodwards via Facebook.
Seriously happy  :) :NGaugersRule: :NGF:

Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Jack

I've been resisting for a long time but resistance was futile in the end   :heart2::smiley-laughing:

So I bought myself a retirement gift  :D

Along side the Swallow livery I've always liked the "fag packet" livery on HSTs.  :heart2:
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Intercity

It's a slippery slope, Exec, Virgin, Blue/Grey up next!!! Just ask @Trainfish

Jack

Quote from: Intercity on February 01, 2022, 06:05:19 PM
It's a slippery slope, Exec, Virgin, Blue/Grey up next!!! Just ask @Trainfish

Too Late! I already have a Blue/Grey, two Swallows and a Merlin all be it they are all Farish, DCC converted with seating added in all the coaches. I have pondered an original Virgin livery but discarded the idea. Might save some pennies for a FGW Castle Class HST....  :hmmm:  ;D

Jack

Intercity

I bought two Virgin ones and used Fox Decals to make the second one into the short lived VXC livery (but I didn't renumber anything, they are so small anyway)

RailGooner

Newportnobby

Great service from Rails (posted Saturday) and RM meant this little beauty arrived today.
Smooth straight from the box and a real looker. D5382 was based at Bedford in 1964 so is perfick for both my layouts :)

crewearpley40

railsquid

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 07, 2022, 01:31:03 PM
Great service from Rails (posted Saturday) and RM meant this little beauty arrived today.
Smooth straight from the box and a real looker. D5382 was based at Bedford in 1964 so is perfick for both my layouts :)

If anyone else needs an excuse, I have found evidence of these in different parts of the Midlands-ish area and IIRC also North Wales in that era.

geofff

Was it new or "pre-loved"?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations