GRAHAM FARISH Class 66 liveries

Started by RyanHussey, August 12, 2022, 03:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanHussey

Afternoon All, while I've been waiting to be loaded at various locations over the last couple of weeks I've noticed ALOT off different liveried Class 66 sheds.

Obviously coming from OO I knew there were a vast amount of decent looking ones but struggling to find many made by Graham Farish.

I've looked at the Dapol ones but find the front end extremely clunky, the wipers look like they belong on an O gauge kit and the handrail looks rather excessive, I appreciate comprises have to be made in this scale but by comparison the GF versions look much more appealing.

I'd very much like a GBRf MARITIME livery but the only GF one I've found was a full repaint by someone in 2019, I'm guessing by that they weren't factory produced, (or im not looking that hrd or successfully), is there anyone out there other then Ian at Mercig who is worthy of commissioning to create these liveries or is that deemed too expensive for such a little gain??

njee20

As you identify, neither Dapol nor Farish have done 66727, nor any of the DB "Maritime Intermodal" ones. It's an easy respray. I did one myself, will try and dig out a photo. Precision Decals do the decals. 

Mercig will only do a respray in conjunction with weathering. I got him to quote for 66004 "Climate Hero" and it was ~£400.

You could try Ian Monks at IMR Models, who is much cheaper.

Frustratingly Dapol are much quicker to get liveries out, but their model is greatly inferior IMO. 

SD35

There is a list of respray options on the railtec site at the following location:

https://www.railtec-models.com/community.php

I've only ever used Mercig for my resprays and weathering apart from some vac brake stock which I got TMC to dress down as I was buying the wagons from them but I'm sure the other options on that list are worth a dabble.

RyanHussey

Wonderful thank you, certainly gives me a good list of people to communicate with

@njee20 photos of your work would be fantastic, thank you

njee20

Kain Harkins has unfortunately passed away. You know about Mercig. Anthony Sutton's work is superb. Not sure if he's taking on resprays now; but he'd be a great choice if so. He is on here @37058 I think...

Not familiar with the other 2mm modellers on Steve's list.

Here's my Maritime 66 minus the cantrail stripe. Painted it VW Jazz Blue IIRC.

RyanHussey

Ah sad about Kain!! Seen some of his fantastic work :uneasy:

Yours looks very good!!  :claphappy: I might speak with precision decals and maybe obtain a body shell and see what I can achieve, a mate drives for Maritime so could get a paint code.

njee20

Only thing to watch on the Farish shells is that the light clusters are part of the underframe. So if you get a GBRf shell you need a matching chassis/underframe or the light clusters and/or shade of warning panel yellow won't match.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations