fine chain

Started by Moria, May 06, 2022, 07:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrism

Quote from: chrism on May 31, 2022, 07:08:42 PM
Quote from: emjaybee on May 31, 2022, 06:27:49 PM
Quote from: chrism on May 31, 2022, 06:04:49 PM

I take it you've never tried to catch an escaped chinchilla, then?

Perhaps a wise man wouldn't have let the little bugger loose?

My mate did rather regret letting it  have a run around the house  :smiley-laughing:

BTW, the trick is to grab it by the tail as it runs past you.

You've no chance if you try to grab it by the body - the fur is so long that the actual body is only about 1/3 the size of what you see. As soon as it feels your hand on its fur it jumps or changes direction before you can get a grip on its body. So you grab it by the tail with one hand and then quickly bring the other around its body.

Then put it back in its cage PDQ.

KevTheBusDriver

Quote from: chrism on May 31, 2022, 04:41:46 PM
Just received this, which doesn't look too excessively oversize;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173118716733?var=471866417066

It should look better when it's been blackened. Being sterling silver I understand that can be achieved with the help of a plastic bag and some mashed up boiled egg yolks - I'll find out when I get a chance to try it.

I have no idea how many links there are per inch, all I know so far is that it's darned tiny and manipulating it is like trying to catch an escaped chinchilla  :smiley-laughing:

I bought some of this (thanks for the tip) - it appears to be about 32 links per inch - this is what it looks like on a bogie bolster...

chrism

Quote from: KevTheBusDriver on June 27, 2022, 08:23:05 PM

It should look better when it's been blackened. Being sterling silver I understand that can be achieved with the help of a plastic bag and some mashed up boiled egg yolks - I'll find out when I get a chance to try it.

I have no idea how many links there are per inch, all I know so far is that it's darned tiny and manipulating it is like trying to catch an escaped chinchilla  :smiley-laughing:

I bought some of this (thanks for the tip) - it appears to be about 32 links per inch - this is what it looks like on a bogie bolster...

Looks good - as mine does now it's been blackened and added to my water cranes.

Three days in a jar with half a dozen mashed up hard boiled egg yolks blackened it really nicely.

Moria

Quote from: chrism on June 27, 2022, 08:46:26 PM
Quote from: KevTheBusDriver on June 27, 2022, 08:23:05 PM

Looks good - as mine does now it's been blackened and added to my water cranes.

Three days in a jar with half a dozen mashed up hard boiled egg yolks blackened it really nicely.

Thanks Chris..  looks great.. duly ordered and awaiting delivery :)

Graham
It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done.

Currently packing all my model railway stuff for my move to Canada in April when a whole new chapter starts in Modelling.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations