Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

I like Screwfix because I can order on line and get a text telling me when my order is ready to collect. They are 5 mins drive away.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Trainfish

Not hugely unhappy but a little annoyed with the Post Office. They put a card through the door on Friday to say I have a small package  :goggleeyes: and the sender has underpaid the postage. Not a huge problem except that I now have to go to the delivery office, pay 80p to park to collect it and then £1.50 to retrieve it. It may be that I don't want it but I don't know that until I see where it has come from. Why can't they put something on the card they left to say where it is from. And another thing, they say they will keep it for I think 18 days or something and then send it back to the sender. If they're happy to incur their own costs to do that then on a small value item why does it cost me £1.50 to retrieve it when I'm saving them the cost of returning it? I don't even know what it is, where it's from or if I even want it  :hmmm:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bob Tidbury

Trainfish .
Are you sure its a genuine Post Office card ?
There is a scam going  around asking to pay  extra postage on line .
Bob Tidbury

guest311

there is also the official RM scam where they charge you £8 to do all the work yourself on line to collect a couple of £s as customs duty....

so...
your parcel gets delayed....
YOU have to do all their work to pay a few pounds to HMC&E ...

and RRM charge you £8 for the privilage, as an 'ADMIN CHARGE' for which they do nothing as far as I can see.

@Trainfish, if you are not expecting a parcel, and have no idea who it is from, I'd be inclined to let RM pay to send it back.

had one of these a year or so ago, so on top of everything else reduced sorting office times to collect, wasn't expecting a parcel, and when I got there didn't recognise the sender address.

"nothing to do with me mate, send it back !"
"you can't do that, you have to pay the charge !"

yeah, right. exit stage left, and never heard any more about it.

probably went in the bin with any other 'return to sender' mail.

Trainfish

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on January 30, 2022, 02:19:22 PM
Trainfish .
Are you sure its a genuine Post Office card ?
There is a scam going  around asking to pay  extra postage on line .
Bob Tidbury

Definitely a genuine card as I saw her put it through the letterbox. @class37025 will tell you that when my postlady visits you always remember  :heart:

I will go and check some time to see if it has a sender's name on it. I'm in no rush though.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

thebrighton

Quote from: class37025 on January 30, 2022, 02:43:32 PM
there is also the official RM scam where they charge you £8 to do all the work yourself on line to collect a couple of £s as customs duty....

so...
your parcel gets delayed....
YOU have to do all their work to pay a few pounds to HMC&E ...

and RRM charge you £8 for the privilage, as an 'ADMIN CHARGE' for which they do nothing as far as I can see.

Sorry but utter tosh. RM have to have whole departments to deal with imported parcels which they have to pay for themselves. They also handle far more than other carriers as they have the Universal License yet charge less than many of the others.
So they have to pay for dedicated departments and then have to collect the customs charge on behalf of HMRC rather than HMRC doing it themselves. Oh, and to speed up the process for the customer RM pay the HMRC in advance of you paying so the parcel is released more quickly and then, of course, lose money when the customer decides not to pay.
Have a read here as to the process so you can have some facts before ranting: https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7208/~/help-with-paying-customs-fees#:~:text=For%20items%20sent%20through%20the,item%20as%20quickly%20as%20possible.&text=This%20shows%20how%20much%20you,our%20%C2%A38%20handling%20fee.

guest311

Newportnobby

Meanwhile, back on the subject of screws............
Sadly my supply of 200 x 2.5mm x 12mm pozi screws is fast running out. The ones I have were bought from B & Q a couple of years back and the reference is 'Rapidrive' with a label stating 'Code: AVF-857669.
There is no manufacturer shown on the box - just 'specially made for B & Q'
I've searched the net and the only source found is Amazon but they are cheap looking zinc thingies which include a drill bit (no bad thing)
It seems no one stocks such a thing anymore. I've checked B & Q, Screwfix and Toolstation but they all start at 3mm
I've found these screws incredibly useful in holding code 55 track in place while I work on relaying the layout and also in fixing Seep point motors to 15mm stripwood.
Total shot in the dark but should anyone see any residual packs in B & Q please buy them for me and I'll pay gladly.

Trainfish

Any good? I don't know the manager at all  :*(
John

<*))))><

crewearpley40

It's like an aladdins cave, all I have to ask is what I'm wishing to buy and he is very helpful and I can see what I can gain and buy. That's another option https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124888496912

Newportnobby

Thanks for the replies. I should have stated countersunk is what I'm after not panhead.
@crewearpley40 Chris - Diy.com is B & Q
The Amazon link looks promising if I get desperate.

Yet_Another

Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Newportnobby

Quote from: Yet_Another on January 30, 2022, 10:49:31 PM
Six in stock in the Preston branch, apparently.

Make that 4. 2 packs click and collect :D  :thankyousign:

crewearpley40

Hope you have found those countersunk  screws Mick @Newportnobby , sorry had an early start at work so needed my sleep. I was hoping countersunk was what you needed and I knew DIY.com was b and q. Twas just a thought. No pins or nailing today as knackered and up since 5 am at work ugh

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations