Snowy landscape

Started by ohlavache, October 11, 2021, 05:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohlavache

Hello.
I'm looking for a book or a magazine in French or English explaining how to create a snowy landscape. It can be in another gauge than N.
If you have any reference to recommend, that would be kind.
Thanks for your help.

crewearpley40

Ohlavache maybe check .... https://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/model-rail-december-2020 plus  https://pocketmags.com/model-rail-magazine/issues   I would check amazon. Or google resources

Bealman

Or check out the Christmas Cracker layout by @Phoenix of this parish
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

I recall @portland-docks having created a very good looking snowy layout. Maybe he has some tips.

colpatben

Have a look at this one Bexhill West to Crowhurst and If I can be of help with specific questions then reply here or PM me.

Colin
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

Dorsetmike

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

ohlavache

Thank you for your answers.
I'll have a close look.

Phoenix

Hi there  :wave:

I've just noticed this thread .... the Bexhill West layout is fantastic  :D :D :D

I'm not sure if my Christmas Cracker layout will help much, as it was not supposed to be really realistic

However there may be some ideas for you following through the thread  :thumbsup:

There were some youtube videos that I found very helpful though. This is from Woodland Scenics, showing their products, and was the starting point for my layout. You can see how I took the basic idea and added the railway, moving skaters and lots of lights !

And this is a great video showing how Kathy Millatt made a winter diorama ....

Hope you will find these useful  :thumbsup:

All best wishes

Kevin

:beers:

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations