Google Secrets You Need To See

Started by trainsdownunder, January 13, 2014, 11:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

There are some other rather more useful ones people often don't notice

"compare [food] [food]"

will do a calorie comparison

typing in maths will do the sums

typing "5 inches in mm" will do the conversion (and there are lots of others it handles)

Also ask google maps for Mordor and then "hit "more info"

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

trainsdownunder

Quote from: EtchedPixels on January 14, 2014, 12:24:31 PM
There are some other rather more useful ones people often don't notice

"compare [food] [food]"

will do a calorie comparison

typing in maths will do the sums

typing "5 inches in mm" will do the conversion (and there are lots of others it handles)

Also ask google maps for Mordor and then "hit "more info"

Agree that there are many useful ones especially  math conversions and exchange rates. Bet most people have never looked ! Thought this light hearted approached one might draw peoples attention to the more useful.

FeelixTC

There was a version of 'Word' which, if you typed in "I'd like to see Bill Gates Dead" and checked it in the Thesaurus, it would return: "I'll drink to that"

And an early version of Excel had a 'flight simulator' hidden, which you could access from a set of keystrokes

RST

Just did the "barrel roll" thing -Very cool.

The Atari Game I grew up with was called "Arkanoid", never seen that other name for it before.

In 1998 there were better if not many equal search engines around.  Google wants too much personal info off you these days.  Shame they can't bring back Windows XP though.

...nonetheless, how many posts on any forum do you see asking about simple things.  90% of the time it takes less to open google and type in the basic words than it does to find and open a forum and ask the question.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £25.67
Below Goal: £74.33
Site Currency: GBP
26% 
May Donations