What are you doing today ?

Started by port perran, July 17, 2011, 02:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Heard on the Steve Wright show today - if you have 1 insect in your house there will be another 200 of the same somewhere else in the house.
Who comes up with this stuff? I mean, if I see a spider I'm not going to think "Ah - there's another 200 somewhere"
If it is true,then going to live in Oz I am not :o

galway

'They never use the same nest twice.'

Well those 2000 wont anyway :thumbsup:, but wasps from other nests might :thumbsdown: (experience of many nests)
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

poliss

I'm fine then. I live in a flat.  :thumbsup:

davieb

hi all

today i have been building some CR Signals kits

one was a 2 aspect signal that went together quite quickly with the minimum of hastle

the other was one of the modern yard lamp kits. (boy are the leds small in this kit)

anyway the upshot was i used a bit to much heat and melted the second of the leds so i will have to send for some replacements.

and also save up for a temp controlled soldering iron

if anyone has built any of these kits and has any useful tips on building them it would be a great help

dave

Griffo

Today I started packing all the model related kit away in preparation for our move from Cardiff to Llanidloes.

On the plus side that means I'm only 9 days away from a dedicated 4m x 4m railway room in the warm .....

On the down side my wife has discovered just how much gear I've acquired over the past 5 years in readiness for the day. Threats have been rendered ........

It's a lonely, cold environment chez moi just at the moment .......

Still .... :beers:

poliss

Ask her if she's hired the extra large removal van to take her collection of shoes.
It has just been discovered by scientists that, while men are descended from apes, women are descended from centipedes. It's the only logical explanation.

Tank

:D  Good one Poliss!

Good luck with the move Griffo49. :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Quote from: griffo49 on August 03, 2011, 10:32:43 PM
Today I started packing all the model related kit away in preparation for our move from Cardiff to Llanidloes.

On the plus side that means I'm only 9 days away from a dedicated 4m x 4m railway room in the warm .....

On the down side my wife has discovered just how much gear I've acquired over the past 5 years in readiness for the day. Threats have been rendered ........

It's a lonely, cold environment chez moi just at the moment .......

Still .... :beers:

Been there, done that. It's like living in an igloo when they find out. Still, I just told her that every time she brings home shoes/handbags the equivalent dosh would be spent on N gauge stuff. It didn't stop her, but it meant I could accumulate a lot.
It never helped that I always told her - yes, your bum does look big in that. Needless to say I'm single again. :)

lesmond

Ouch.. nasty situation there. I keep most of mine in work, well out of the road  :thumbsup:

Good luck with the house move, though.
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

longbridge

Centipedes eh, what goes 97, 98, Bonk.

A centipede with a wooden leg.

Ha Ha Ha  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Has to rate as the corniest joke posted on the forum.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

poliss

Only  because I haven't posted my corny jokes........yet.  :evil:

anselm

Enjoying looking through a second hand book found in the Oxfam shop - "The Heyday of Old Oak Common and its Locomotives".  Great colour photos of the engines and coaches around 1955 to '65.  Just the era I am modelling  :thumbsup:

scotsoft

I have been watching my Kato Santa Fe F9 A + B units pullling my Kato Santa Fe Car sets A + B, 8 cars in total, and they look great  ;D

This afternoon I am off to hospital for another torture session on my right leg  :thumbsdown:

John

Sithlord75

Day over Down Here (2113hrs Lima as I type) so just the weekend to look forward to.  That, hopefully, will involve continuing progress on my 2mm GER Cattle wagon and my Etched Pixels Stroudley coaches.
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

OwL

Quote from: Sithlord75 on August 05, 2011, 12:14:53 PM
Day over Down Here (2113hrs Lima as I type) so just the weekend to look forward to.  That, hopefully, will involve continuing progress on my 2mm GER Cattle wagon and my Etched Pixels Stroudley coaches.

Hope it goes well. Send us pictures :camera: when you've done. All the best mate, OwL :thumbsup:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations