:beers:  :beers:  :beers:

dave  :thumbsup:

Dock Shunter

Have a great day Dave....

scotsoft

Happy Birthday Dave and lemon is my favourite  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

scotsoft

Recently I bought a new Logitech HD webcam from WH Smiths in their sale.

When installing the software I reached the part where I could register it online to be notified of future software upgrades, so I did.

Today I received this email from Logitech offering me a discount on my next purchase.
I have coloured the text to give you a clue that what I bought was not on their drop down list for me to select.
I have copied the beginning of the email below:

Dear John,

We hope you've been enjoying your Logitech®
Other product not listed so far! We hope you're happy with your purchase and appreciate your business.

A prime example of mail merge in action gone wrong.

When I was teaching adults in evening classes I used to show them how to do this in Word.  There were always a few in the class who thought these letters/ emails were typed personally.

cheers John.

Matthew-peter

Howdy everyone,

I have my second interview, full work day assessment with Tempest Elite marketing tomorrow, Hopefully Ill do well and they will employ me, been out of work for too long, however if they dont take me on I will be starting my transport managment course the week after so hopefully am turning my life around  :D
OK who took my cake?

Pengi

Quote from: Matthew-peter on August 06, 2012, 08:39:18 PM
Howdy everyone,

I have my second interview, full work day assessment with Tempest Elite marketing tomorrow, Hopefully Ill do well and they will employ me, been out of work for too long, however if they dont take me on I will be starting my transport managment course the week after so hopefully am turning my life around  :D

All the best for your assessment tomorrow. Let us know how you got on
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Matthew-peter

I sure will, I have been promised an n gauge loco if I get the job by my parents as a push for the job, odd i as dont need a push but Ill happily take a present especially if its n gauge haha, my dad also joked that if I dont get the job hell by me a 00 gauge model instead  :goggleeyes:
OK who took my cake?

scotsoft

I wish you every success for tomorrow Matt  :admiration:

cheers John.

Oldman

good luck from me as well
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

galway

Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

longbridge

Hope everything works out great for you Matt  :D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on August 06, 2012, 08:24:59 PM
Recently I bought a new Logitech HD webcam from WH Smiths in their sale.
When installing the software I reached the part where I could register it online to be notified of future software upgrades, so I did.
Today I received this email from Logitech offering me a discount on my next purchase.
I have coloured the text to give you a clue that what I bought was not on their drop down list for me to select.
I have copied the beginning of the email below:
Dear John,
We hope you've been enjoying your Logitech®
Other product not listed so far! We hope you're happy with your purchase and appreciate your business.
A prime example of mail merge in action gone wrong.
When I was teaching adults in evening classes I used to show them how to do this in Word.  There were always a few in the class who thought these letters/ emails were typed personally.

cheers John.

A classic example of the 'Dear John' letter :sorrysign:

Quote from: Matthew-peter on August 06, 2012, 08:39:18 PM
Howdy everyone,

Very best wishes for tomorrow M-P. Stick it to 'em :thumbsup:

Matthew-peter

Cheers for the kind words everyone.
OK who took my cake?

Flakmunky

Hi All,

I became a dad last week to a little girl, Alula, our first child.

She was born on her due date, 1st August. Wish I'd put a bet on it now... :)

Right now my grip on reality is canted severely as a result of sleep deprivation. We've read god knows how many books and NONE of them prepared me for this!

In other news, my pre-oredered Flying Scotsman turned up as well, a few days before Alula did...

Take care one and all. Will someone come round and finish my ballasting?! I don't think I will ever be able to get round to it!

Timmo

tadpole

Alula - born to ballast.

Naaagh, doesn't sound right
But congratulations anyway!
Two rails good. Three better.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP