Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeDunn

Quote from: scotsoft on February 27, 2013, 03:07:05 PM
Quote from: MikeDunn on February 27, 2013, 10:03:03 AM
Found a plaster bandage / ModRoc supplier last night at a good price - 36 rolls of 15cm x 2.75m for just under £30 (inc postage).  84 pence a roll ?  Not seen it cheaper !

Would you care to share your supplier please?

cheers John.
Oooh no !!!

I'm keeping http://www.amazon.co.uk/Modrock-Plaster-Paris-Bandage-Bumper/dp/B00314DQEO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1361980635&sr=8-7 to myself in case I need more !!!

EtchedPixels

Just spent an hour chasing down a hundred escaped TPO gangway castings. In the process of finding them I've found another 250, a pile of crimson and cream printed sides, and a load of BR blue and BR(S) green printed suburban sides lurking in the depths of a box where they got missed when I first counted everything. Some of it stuff which I didn't think I had any of left.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Newportnobby

Quote from: EtchedPixels on February 27, 2013, 05:37:54 PM
Just spent an hour chasing down a hundred escaped TPO gangway castings. In the process of finding them I've found another 250, a pile of crimson and cream printed sides, and a load of BR blue and BR(S) green printed suburban sides lurking in the depths of a box where they got missed when I first counted everything. Some of it stuff which I didn't think I had any of left.

Alan

No doubt put in that 'safe place' we all know and love but never find again ;)

Bikeracer

I've finally got a laser printer I'm happy with,it's a Lexmark CS410dn.
It's the first printer I've had where out of the box the output is very close to what's on my screen and there's loads of colour adjustments available.

Now I can get on with printing and making the card models I need because there'll be some continuity with colours.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

daveg

The printer sounds like a good choice, Allan.

Please let us have some pics once you have started producing the buildings.

Dave G

Matthew-peter

Well Im in a good mood now.
My modelling and painting is back on track (pun intended) although still need my rocket card glue for the station building.
One of the family dogs has had an operation which went really well
and I am hopefully starting college soon, which should be a new experience for me.
OK who took my cake?

Newportnobby

Quote from: Matthew-peter on February 28, 2013, 02:03:51 PM
Well Im in a good mood now.
My modelling and painting is back on track (pun intended) although still need my rocket card glue for the station building.
One of the family dogs has had an operation which went really well
and I am hopefully starting college soon, which should be a new experience for me.

Good luck with the college, M-P. What are you studying?

Tank

I won a load of Kato double track viaducts on ebay! :laugh3:  They come with the catenary poles too, so I can finally run the Class 86's more realistically! :D

BobB

Well, I can't be bothered to read this post from the start (it was here before I joined the forum) but my ego has been boosted this week.

I've changed a year or so ago from OO back to N and have built a two level baseboard and track. (Probably the most accomplished of the many skills required.) One of my old OO colleagues offered  to buy the completed baseboard and track structure as is (without scenery) because I happened to mention that everything was working but there wasn't enough space left for all of the scenery that I wanted. (Same old problem, to much track in the available space.) My mate suggested that the lower level hidden fiddle yard and reverse loop should be exposed; this got me thinking.

I could put the hidden fiddle yard on top with one side exposed and the terminus could be underneath and become a continuous run. I'm now thinking that even if Richard doesn't buy it, for the sake of a sheet of wood I could re-design, make it lighter and have bags of room (comparatively) for grass and buildings !

I think I'll be building a new layout no matter what in the next few months.

Pengi

I accidentally bought a ticket to Twyford instead of Twickenham via the machine a little while ago.

The guard couldn't change it because part of it was on FGW route. He issued me with another ticket and phoned ahead to Twickenham so I could get a refund. Twickenham had got the message and were helpful but said I needed to contact SWT customer service - which I did. Today I got my refund for the ticket (in vouchers) and, as a gesture of goodwill, they waived the £10 handling fee. So I am happy.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Caz

Osborns have a their special order of Dapol GWR Collett coaches in and I ordered 2 more brake coaches, they arrived the other day but on opening, despite the boxes saying Brake Third, they were Brake Composite.   :(

Contacted Osborns and they asked for pictures of which I duly obliged, upon receipt of the pictures they said they would put replacements in the post that day and I could keep the composites as it was there error, well done Osborns.   :claphappy:

No connection, just a happy customer.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Pengi

Signalling and power supply problems on the New Guildford line yesterday meant an unscheduled stop at Effingham Junction.

The guard opened the doors so that the passengers on the platform (waiting for the stopping service) could get onto the train to get warm as there was going to be long delays on the line. Thought this was a really nice gesture!

He reminded people to get off before the train departed though.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Donkey

My dearly beloved has just booked us on the White Rose Moorlander for 20th of March. Classic diesel hauled from Teesside to Hellifield in North Yorks then steam to Carlisle and back. Can't wait  :D :D :D

Marty

scotsoft

Quote from: Pengy on March 03, 2013, 10:54:29 AM
Signalling and power supply problems on the New Guildford line yesterday meant an unscheduled stop at Effingham Junction.

The guard opened the doors so that the passengers on the platform (waiting for the stopping service) could get onto the train to get warm as there was going to be long delays on the line. Thought this was a really nice gesture!

He reminded people to get off before the train departed though.

That was a very thoughtful gesture, I wonder if there are many would do the same  :hmmm:

scotsoft

Quote from: Donkey on March 03, 2013, 03:36:07 PM
My dearly beloved has just booked us on the White Rose Moorlander for 20th of March. Classic diesel hauled from Teesside to Hellifield in North Yorks then steam to Carlisle and back. Can't wait  :D :D :D

Marty

That sounds like a good day out Marty, I hope the weather is kind on that day.

cheers John.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations