The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foonting

Quote from: stevewalker on July 04, 2022, 01:27:11 PM
I'd say that mothers often don't have much choice. Trying to hold onto a young child (or two), a change-bag, possibly shopping too and a folded pushchair at the the same time on a bus or train is nigh on impossible and they need to keep the pushchair unfolded and on its wheels to hold the child, change bag and shopping. They may also be forced to travel at fixed times to pick up and drop off a slightly older child and cannot wait for the next bus to keep the disabled area free - especially when they have to make that journey, each way, 10 times a week and so can't go earlier "in-case", because of so much lost time.

This doesn't explain the burgeoning size of 'buggies'  :D or why they cost as much as a a small car and have the wheels of a motocross bike.

Newportnobby

There's an idea for Messrs Flintoff, Harris and McGuinness there :)

Foonting

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 04, 2022, 03:26:16 PM
There's an idea for Messrs Flintoff, Harris and McGuinness there :)
they could test the Baby Dior Stroller buggy ... a snip at £3600 ... bet it's great off road

guest10040

hang on
£3,600 for a kids buggy ?

my Volvo XC70 only cost me £5,500, and it's lasted me, so far, over 10 years.

wonder how may yummy mummy's would buy these things if they had to pay pavement tax,

now there is an idea for  any Treasury>:D

Newportnobby

Quote from: Redcap244 on July 04, 2022, 06:00:28 PM
hang on
£3,600 for a kids buggy ?

my Volvo XC70 only cost me £5,500, and it's lasted me, so far, over 10 years.

Yeah, but you can't (maybe read 'shouldn't') run your Volvo along the pavement and take it into shops :no:

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 04, 2022, 06:30:41 PM

Yeah, but you can't (maybe read 'shouldn't') run your Volvo along the pavement and take it into shops :no:

Or into model railway exhibitions!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest10040

just getting my own back on the back-pack brigade  >:D

guest10040

sorry, I thought the XC70 was an off road vehicle,  :D

keep death off the road, drive on the pavement !

Newportnobby

I've now been on the phone to NHS Patient Transport Service (PTS) for 29 minutes with no sign of my call being answered. I'm told every 30 seconds they are busy and an adviser will answer as soon as possible. Yeah, right.
It's a freephone number but that's not the point. If they keep refusing to answer I'll have to cancel my op due for next Wednesday. :censored:

Newportnobby

More  :poop:
Myself and my 2 sisters are executors of my Mother's will, sale of house etc. and I accept our ID needs to be verified. So far the entire world and its brother has accepted a certified copy of driving licence which the dear Post Office nobbles you £12.75 for, a simple matter of does my licence look like me - Yes?- hand over the dosh.
The Conveyancer we're using requested a certified copy of our driving licence so we all got that done. A week passes then they contact me again and say a Post Office one is not acceptable and we must get one signed by a solicitor/notary. Why not tell us that in the first place? Instead we run round like headless chickens spending dosh on something they won't accept :doh:
Only a few Post Offices know about certifying licences anyway. Others just look at you blankly and say 'we don't do licences - that's the DVLA' ::)

Malc

Stick the license in his face and ask him if it looks like you. What a performance.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Snowwolflair

Offer them the serial number of your pacemaker.  :D

stevewalker

I've been saying for some time that we need government document handling offices in cities, where anyone can go, have their documents scanned and forwarded to government agencies and business as required, rather than sending physical documents off in the post, hoping that they arrive and that they don't end up in massive delays to be scanned in/dealt with or even just lost. Many people can wait months for documents to be returned, which they may need in the meantime and there is always the risk of total loss.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: stevewalker on July 18, 2022, 10:45:34 PM
I've been saying for some time that we need government document handling offices in cities, where anyone can go, have their documents scanned and forwarded to government agencies and business as required, rather than sending physical documents off in the post, hoping that they arrive and that they don't end up in massive delays to be scanned in/dealt with or even just lost. Many people can wait months for documents to be returned, which they may need in the meantime and there is always the risk of total loss.

They have that service for people who have come to this country seeking naturalisation.  You pay a load of money and they will scan and authenticate your identity and documentation.  The problem would be the cost for a more general application.

strain

Probably not the approved approach but I just send them my driving licence.  They have to send it back.  If it gets lost in the post it's £20 to get a new one from DVLA.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations