BR Crimson paint

Started by twinklekev, July 02, 2022, 01:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinklekev

Paid a visit to my local Halfords this morning in search of a can of Vauxhall Crimson for an upcoming project. Alas, it seems that Halfords no longer stock this particular colour in their Vauxhall colour range. So, does anyone know of another colour in the Halfords range that can be used for BR Crimson?

Just to be clear; Halfords no longer stock Vauxhall Crimson.

Many thanks in advance.

Kev,

trkilliman

If you mean the B.R. Crimson that was used with cream (blood and custard) then I use Hycote brand Ford Rosso Red.  Hycote rattle cans are often sold in branches of the Range.

twinklekev

Thanks for the tip trkilliman. I'll have a look for that.

I was thinking more for parcels stock but would probably have been the same colour I suppose.

Anyway, thanks again.

Kev,

Papyrus

If you just went by the stock in the shop you may be right, but it still appears to be available online https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=halfords+vauxhall+crimson+paint&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8. The latest review is only a few weeks old so you should be able get hold of some.

Cheers,

Chris

martyn

Twinklekev:

Parcels and passenger stock had the same shade of crimson.

It didn't wear that well, and passenger stock was repainted more frequently and kept cleaner than most parcels stock.

Martyn

Alcazar

Ford Burgundy Red is a pretty good match for what Dapol calls BR Maroon.

Peter

twinklekev

Thanks one and all. I have, this morning, purchased a tin of Hycote Ford Rosso Red. Hopefully this will turn my brown siphon into a crimson one without too much trouble.

Thanks for all your input.

Twinklekev,

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations