Nissan Qashqai

Started by Newportnobby, June 12, 2022, 11:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLD

For me, these pseudo-off-road 'crossover' type vehicles don't make much sense. They are trying to cover multiple segments, with the result they arent really the best option for any of them... Unless you specifically need/want 4 wheel drive, I wouldn't be looking at these and certainly wouldn't touch the 2-wheel drive versions.

If it's load space you're looking for, conventional estates often have as much interior room in a smaller, more efficient overall package. Skoda Octavia is very underrated option.

If it's the higher driving position / ease of access, one of the compact people carriers e.g. Ford C-max, Golf+, is the route I'd go.

If is a 4x4 you want, then proper compact 4x4s are better options than a crossover e.g. Toyota Rav4, Landrover Freelander, Nissan X--trail

njee20

Quote from: PLD on June 12, 2022, 11:24:34 PM
For me, these pseudo-off-road 'crossover' type vehicles don't make much sense. They are trying to cover multiple segments, with the result they arent really the best option for any of them... Unless you specifically need/want 4 wheel drive, I wouldn't be looking at these and certainly wouldn't touch the 2-wheel drive versions.

If it's load space you're looking for, conventional estates often have as much interior room in a smaller, more efficient overall package. Skoda Octavia is very underrated option.

The Octavia is ~4.7m long, the Qashqai is ~4.4m? i realise the Octavia will have more bootspace, but they're certainly not smaller than a crossover.

NinOz

About 4 years ago I hired a cashcow in NZ for 3 weeks.  Drove it every day for at least 4 hours.  On sealed roads, dirt and gravel, mud in road construction areas plus NZ's versions of sealed roads (some tar and a surface of loose gravel).

Good economy, handles well, comfortable, roomy.  Only thing I didn't like was the lack of power when I put the foot down; however would be ok for city and heavy traffic.

It was an automatic as manual rental cars are hard to find in NZ and Oz, if that makes any difference in UK.
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Platy767

Quote from: Train Waiting on June 12, 2022, 08:45:42 PM
Just like for little trains, I have a British & Commonwealth first (if practicable) purchasing policy for motor cars.

Are mass produced motor vehicles still made in Britain?
We ditched our motor car (and most other manufacturing) a while ago.  :(

Mark

LASteve

I rented one a few years ago. Picked it up at Hertz Heathrow, drove it up to the Lake District, down to Winchester, back up to London and only had to fill up at the gas station in Chalk Farm before returning it to the rental facility. It was great for what we wanted, and didn't cause too much commotion on the narrow Cumbrian roads and went a pretty good distance on a tank of gas.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Belly on June 12, 2022, 11:08:04 PM

It arrived on the 3rd June after a five and a half month wait.

There's no way I'm buying new :no: Too much money lost as soon as yer bum hits the seat :worried:

Newportnobby

Quote from: NinOz on June 13, 2022, 12:18:37 AM
About 4 years ago I hired a cashcow in NZ for 3 weeks.  Drove it every day for at least 4 hours.  On sealed roads, dirt and gravel, mud in road construction areas plus NZ's versions of sealed roads (some tar and a surface of loose gravel).

Good economy, handles well, comfortable, roomy.  Only thing I didn't like was the lack of power when I put the foot down; however would be ok for city and heavy traffic.

@NinOz The petrol engines used now have turbos fitted. Not sure if that was the case 4 years ago.

Ben A

Hi there,

I am not much of a car person - as long as it is comfy, gets me around reliably and has a decent radio I am happy.   I am not bothered about acceleration as I drive like an old woman anyway.  I just want something I am not going to have to give any attention to.

As it is, I have had three Qashqais in a row and I keep going back to them as they do what I want without fuss.

cheers

Ben A.

Newportnobby

The deed is done :claphappy:
Had a seat and play with my mate's Qashqai this morning and liked it, albeit it's a 63 plate.
I decided I wanted top spec, low mileage used, black or grey and a decent p/x on my Fiesta.
Went to the local dealer this afternoon and there was a pearl black 69 plate 1.3 litre DIG-T TEKNA with 14000 on the clock. One good inspection and a drive later, and I pick it up next Tuesday.
Excited? Moi? :bounce:

Bob G

It was never going to be anything else, was it :)

Enjoy  :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Newportnobby

Just wondering if I should wear black for any home visits now >:D ;D

chrism

Quote from: Platy767 on June 13, 2022, 01:06:05 AM
Are mass produced motor vehicles still made in Britain?

The Qashqai, Joke and Leaf for most of the world markets are all made in Sunderland, with some for the Japanese, Chinese and Russian markets also being made in those countries - although probably not the last one now.

Newportnobby

MINI – MINI, MINI Clubman and MINI Countryman, in Cowley, Oxford
Honda – Civic and CR-V in Swindon
Toyota – Auris, Auris hybrid and Avensis in Burnaston, Derbyshire
Nissan – Juke, Qashqai, Note and Leaf and Infiniti Q30 in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
Lotus – Elise, Evora and Exige in Norfolk
Aston Martin – DB9, Vantage, Rapide, Vanquish, and DB11 in Gaydon, Warwickshire
Bentley Motors – Continental, Flying Spur and Mulsanne in Crewe, Cheshire
Rolls Royce – Ghost and Wraith in Goodwood, West Sussex
Jaguar – F-Pace and XE in Solihull, and F-type, XJ, XF and XE in Castle Bromwich, Birmingham
Land Rover – Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque in Halewood, Merseyside, and Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Land Rover Defender in Solihull, West Midlands
Vauxhall – Astra at Ellesmere Port and Vivaro van in Luton

Some smaller, niche builders also prevail

Bob G

My Honda Civic 1.8 VTi from the 1990s was Pirates Black, which for years I was calling Pi-rah-tees black until I was corrected. I just thought it was some weird marketing name to make it sound exotic.

I don't think Nissan has ever marketed Pearl Black as grim reaper black. Just don't undertake on motorways :)

Chris Morris

Hondas are no longer made in Swindon. Shame.

I had a gen 9 Civic which never saw the inside of a garage except for routine serving for a GEN 10. Again a lovely smooth car that goes well. I still like a car that goes well. Both Civics could take Little Aller Junction to an exhibition with ease. I have yet to find a car capable of swallowing Dawlish Warren, its too big even for a Volvo estate.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations