Nissan Qashqai

Started by Newportnobby, June 12, 2022, 11:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

In about 3 months I'll be looking buy a low mileage larger car than my Siesta and like the look of these. Anyone got opinions on them please?
Note - no diesel or electric models will be entertained :no:

exmouthcraig

Pre 2021 cars suffer from external water leaks and the stop start electronic system is known to cause concerns but like everything mass produced issues are hit and miss.

As long as you've got good dealer support I dont think youd be disappointed with one. They are extremely popular so that says quite alot.

N-tec specs are pretty high with lots of good kit

As much as I'd love you to stay with the blue oval Mick, the eco-sport is the easiest ford to nick, my dads got done in 12 secs!! The Kuga is extremely expensive to match the spec of a good Qashqai

Bealman

OK....

Question from the antipodes...

Why do you need a bigger car?  ???
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Yet_Another

One of the most polluting cars in existence.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/107494/dvsa-slams-unacceptable-nissan-qashqai-emissions

Admittedly, that's a diesel, but still, not a car that I would consider in any circumstances. YMMV (probably will  :D ).
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

joe cassidy

Have you considered the peugeot 3008 ?

My wife has one - it's a very nice car and it only has 3 cylinders so you reduce your exhaust emissions by 25%  :)

Newportnobby

Quote from: exmouthcraig on June 12, 2022, 11:21:41 AM
Pre 2021 cars suffer from external water leaks
N-tec specs are pretty high with lots of good kit

Being made in Sunderland you'd think they know about leaks.
Yeah - the N-Tec looks good. Thanks

Quote from: Bealman on June 12, 2022, 11:24:50 AM
OK....Why do you need a bigger car?  ???

Comfort mainly. It'll be nice to climb into a car rather than curl myself down into a car.
My eldest sister is also size 26 and is wrecking my little Ford :thumbsdown:

Quote from: joe cassidy on June 12, 2022, 01:28:25 PM
Have you considered the peugeot 3008 ?

I've suffered and heard many issues with Poojots in the past. They look OK but build quality was a tad suspect but that was a few years ago.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 12, 2022, 01:53:41 PM

Quote from: Bealman on June 12, 2022, 11:24:50 AM
OK....Why do you need a bigger car?  ???

Comfort mainly. It'll be nice to climb into a car rather than curl myself down into a car.
My eldest sister is also size 26 and is wrecking my little Ford :thumbsdown:

Can't you trade in your sister and keep your Siesta? I would recommend a Kuga (I have 1) but as someone else said, they're not cheap. Mine is 5.5 years old with 21,000 on the clock. Similar cars but with higher mileage are listed at around £13000 which is more than I paid 4 years ago  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bob G

I've always hankered after a Cupra Formentor. The VW T-Roc is also a cracker (my physiotherapist drives one).
Don't know where they sit in your budget. You won't be able to afford my physiotherapist, but her car is awesome.

Bob

Shropshire Lad

KIAs warranty is the business, never had an isuue getting a repir done.
A mate of mine works in an office which was pre covid full of mummys doing school runs. He always comments when he sees a Qashqai that a lot of people bought/leased one but not a second one!
Cheers Colin

Steven.T

Have you and a look at Skodas? I have a Kodiaq and it's an absolutely fantastic car. They also have a Karoq which is similar but a touch smaller. The Kodiaq is a really nice drive and a comfortable place to be.

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 12, 2022, 02:32:22 PM
Another candidate could be a Kia Sportage :hmmm:

I run a 61 plate Kia Sorento, so a bit larger than the Sportage.  Wonderful car, does whatever I ask of it.  Very reliable, the diesel engine has useful power, and of course the exhibition layout or my drum kit all fits in the back with room to spare:)     I bought it from new after having had a couple of Ford Mondeo estates, I remember there was a review video at the time saying "Sorento goes where a Mondeo can't!"

I'd definitely consider another Kia if the need arose.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Dorsetmike

I can strongly recommend the earlier Mazda 2 (2002-2007) if you can find a low mileage one (mine is an 07 reg 1.4) 45,000 on the clock.
this one looks OK
https://gb.motorlist.net/mazda-2-petrol-berkshire-P4348907bcc455925f5d3203e1be9c13b?utm_source=trovit-auto-gb&utm_source=trovit-auto-gb
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

devonjames

My son-in-law gets a new car every three years and the last two have been petrol Qashqais. They have been very reliable. I think the only issue was a failed battery which was replaced under warranty. He's just changed this month but wanted something a little bigger and has gone for the new Kia Sportage Hybrid which is a very nice car indeed and has a huge boot.

I have a three year old petrol Citroen C3 Aircross (have had it since new) and has never gone wrong once. It's very comfortable and easy to drive with plenty of space in the boot for the dog.. Probably the best car I've had since I gave up my Merc about 18 years ago. I plan to keep this for another two or three years by which time it might be worth looking at electric. 

Train Waiting

Just like for little trains, I have a British & Commonwealth first (if practicable) purchasing policy for motor cars.

Mrs Poppingham and I have had Nissans for years, almost all Sunderland-built.  Never that particular model, though.  Her late father used them for his driving school as well.

They have all been totally tickety-boo and the dealer support is first class.

I had an electric 'Leaf' as a courtesy car and really enjoyed it.  Acceleration like a 'G50' Matchless and a lot less noisy!

I hope you enjoy your new car and have many, many miles of trouble-free motoring.

With all good wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations