A new Site Jacket

Started by Bob G, June 08, 2022, 01:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob G

The cat's fluorescent Jacket arrived today. Oberon decided that he quite liked it, opened the back door, and set off to supervise some work somewhere...
Time to show those birds and voles who is the boss round here.

Nbodger

What no safety helmet, glasses and boots, wouldn't be allowed on one of my sites.

Bob G

Quote from: Nbodger on June 08, 2022, 03:36:28 PM
What no safety helmet, glasses and boots, wouldn't be allowed on one of my sites.
You'd have to catch the B*gg*r first!

weave

The first two pics are fine as he's just looking about but the third one looks like he's doing some work - very unrealistic  :D

Bob G

Quote from: weave on June 08, 2022, 04:43:14 PM
The first two pics are fine as he's just looking about but the third one looks like he's doing some work - very unrealistic  :D
I tell you, he's opening the back door!

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Bob G

Indeed he is. With all their difficult traits!!! Boundless energy for one! Desire to bite everything, including TV and HiFi cables! And not keen on other cats either!
Don't believe the hype over Bengals. That is all I will say!

keithfre

Where did you get it, Bob? Is it easy to put on? We have a harness for our semi-Siamese but it's a struggle to get it on him, as the front portion doesn't open (and it's not adjustable, so he can slip his paws through), so I was wondering if this would be easier. Hopefully available online, as we're in Holland.

Newportnobby

Quote from: keithfre on June 11, 2022, 03:07:43 PM
Where did you get it, Bob?

It's one of Bob's. He thought he'd grow into it but didn't ;)

emjaybee

@Bob G did it ever occur to you that the reason he's a donkeys butt is because you named him the 'King of the Fairies'?
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bob G

Hi Keith

We let our cat out to roam free with the jacket on because he has absolutely no road sense, and it might help the birds see him before he sees them. I did try taking him for a walk on a lead when he was smaller but it is a bit zen. You spend 20 minutes staring at a bush and then make a mad dash to another bush to stare at that for 10 minutes. No my idea of exercise.

We have used two manufacturers.

Bing Pet are good quality, manufactured in China, and fit our lad well. These were bought on Amazon.
He has grown up with these in medium and now large sizes. He is now a 5kg cat and takes a large fitting :) like @Newportnobby

They come with a lead too. They come in many colourways. We have had black, red, and our favourite tartan. We still have a red one and a black one in medium if you want to try them out and your cat is smaller than ours. They are too small for our cat now.

He has lost a couple of these, and come home without them, but we don't know if he caught it on something, if he deliberately took it off, or if some little girl took it off to take him home.

The site jacket, which is now looking very much like a site jacket :), is hand made by Mynwood Cat Jackets. There is no lead with this one but there is a harness clip for a lead or a tag.
It was purchased via Etsy. Handmade in the UK, and you can specify the measurements. Because it is handmade, the stitching is a bit rough and ready but it is lightweight and the cat seems to like it. He hasn't come back without it (yet).

They are a similar price.

HTH
Bob

@Newportnobby you are so cheeky. But I like you. (do you remember what TV show that comes from?)

@emjaybee he is mostly called Obi one katobe.

keithfre

Thanks for the info, Bob. Will investigate those.

Quote from: Bob G on June 11, 2022, 05:03:01 PM
I did try taking him for a walk on a lead when he was smaller but it is a bit zen. You spend 20 minutes staring at a bush and then make a mad dash to another bush to stare at that for 10 minutes. No my idea of exercise.
Snap!
The reason we need a harness is because we're not willing to allow him out except under supervision, in case he runs off (despite his 6kg+ weight - he's on a diet - he's quick and runs fast and jumps like he weighs 2kg). When our last cat, a pedigree Siamese, was diagnosed with diabetes I started talking him out for walks around the local front gardens for some mild exercise, but he was 16 and walked very sedately, so I wasn't worried about him running off. It was so good to see him enjoying the outside world in the autumn of his days, so I want to give his successor (7 years old) cat a chance to enjoy something of the same. He was a rescue cat from the streets of Spain, then spent four years as an indoor cat.
Best,
-Keith

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob G on June 11, 2022, 05:03:01 PM
@Newportnobby you are so cheeky. But I like you. (do you remember what TV show that comes from?)

I'm not quite senile yet, Bob. Dick Emery :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations