For all the cycling fans............

Started by Newportnobby, May 04, 2022, 11:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

The Giro d'Italia starts Friday 6.5.22 with Mark Cavendish in the race and possibly Vincenzo Nibali's farewell ride. Highlights on Quest at 19.00hrs for me. Cav won't be at the Tour de France.

njee20

Is it confirmed that Cav won't be riding the Tour? Thought it was still between him and Jakobsen?

Newportnobby

Read it today in the media (so it must be true). They reckoned both would be too much.

joe cassidy

Just thought I'd let you know Mick (and other cycling fans) that the 2022 tour de france has started.

TrevL

Is it going anywhere near you Joe, and will we be able to see you waving at the camera?
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

joe cassidy

NScaleNotes

Quote from: joe cassidy on July 08, 2022, 07:38:38 PM
Just thought I'd let you know Mick (and other cycling fans) that the 2022 tour de france has started.

Started... I think 1st place is already decided  ;)
Just got to get to Paris now but that's half the battle.

Newportnobby

Quote from: joe cassidy on July 08, 2022, 07:38:38 PM

Thanks, Joe. I've been watching it since the kick off in Denmark :)

JanW

We're on holiday in France and we have watched the stage to Planche des belles filles last friday.
There was a field full of Belgian fans and they had this car:

Newportnobby

I was made up to see how well Chris Froome rode in today's stage :claphappy:
Gary Imlach suggested it may signify Chris's return to contender in big tours but I'm just content to see him go so well today and hope his stamina can maintain this level.

NScaleNotes

What a cracking Tour.  :thumbsup:

Thankfully my first week prediction of it all being sewn-up already was wrong and we've had some very interesting racing. Vive la Tour!

Newportnobby

Some absolutely stellar performances, especially from the usual suspects e.g. Pogacar, Van Aert and still the odd flash from, dare I say, veterans like Quintana. Thomas surprises me by being as good as he is and Jonas Vingegaard has been an absolute revelation this year.

Jumbo - Visma have been the team of this year's tour.

I'm already looking forward to La Vuelta :bounce:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations