Tonight I 'as been mostly.......................

Started by Alex, March 08, 2012, 09:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fratton

Still working  ::)

two days of double time this week though  :thumbsup:
Charlie.

Bealman

.....attempting work on my layout restoration, but the mosquitoes in the garage are so bad I've ended up on the forum. I have to go to Sydney tomorrow and I swear that if I stayed out there they would have carried me and saved me the cost of petrol. The damn things were big enough!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

tadpole

Look on the bright side, though - petrol is probably the one and only thing that is cheaper in Oz than it is here in the UK. You got a bargain.
Two rails good. Three better.

Calnefoxile

Well in between being called out (am on call this weekend) and doing jobs for SWMBO, I've done my very first scratchbuild project.

As my layout, Sellman Lane http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=3947.0 has had to be put away for a couple of weeks, I decided to do some work on a bridge for our club layout called Avonford and here are the results so far. It would have had Scalescenes Blue Brick paper applied if my printer hadn't started playing up, see http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=659.795 for problem description.

Be gentle with me when you look at the pictures  ;) ;)

Regards

Neal.

Alex

Hi Neal,

Nice looking bridge with good solid supports. I've got several bridges on my layout some bought and others scratchbuilt, plus a couple still to finish off.

Alex :wave:

scotsoft

No need to be gentle, it looks really good and when you get your printer sorted so you can print bricks it will look even better  :beers:

Ben A

Hi Neal

That looks like nice tidy work!  Keep the pictures coming!

cheers

Ben A.

tadpole

in the brief time before being summoned by SWMBO, I managed to arrange my stock into its overnight positions ready to do a test/maiden run of the timetable. Tomorrow is the day, and, yes, I'm quite excited.

The loco/stock diagrams should all work, but not sure if the track layout can cope until I try it for real.

Alex

..................making grab handles for the buggy. There's bits of brass rod all over the place. Not one of my better ideas, but as Magnus would say....I've started so I'll finish. :smiley-laughing:

Alex :wave:

Bealman

Hey Neal
The bridge looks great. And I can clearly see what is holding those Peco (I'm assuming) bridge sides up. I have one on my layout where I forgot that they needed something to hold them up and simply glued them to the track bed - so there they are, floating miraculously in thin air!!
Send more pix when it is finished!
All the best!

Newportnobby

Quote from: tadpole on April 10, 2012, 10:38:33 PM
in the brief time before being summoned by SWMBO, I managed to arrange my stock into its overnight positions ready to do a test/maiden run of the timetable. Tomorrow is the day, and, yes, I'm quite excited.

The loco/stock diagrams should all work, but not sure if the track layout can cope until I try it for real.

Come on, Tadpole. Don't keep us in suspense ???

Bealman

Hey Neal, heres a picture of that bridge I posted recently. See? No visible means of support!!!
[smg id=625]
They say there's a prototype for everything, but I very much doubt there is for this.
Cheers George

tadpole

Quote from: newportnobby on April 11, 2012, 10:24:45 PM
Quote from: tadpole on April 10, 2012, 10:38:33 PM

Come on, Tadpole. Don't keep us in suspense ???

Got distracted by a pub/curry combo, so didn't manage last night, but definitely tonight! SWMBO is out, nothing too exciting on the telly, so no excuses.

Bealman

Just like newportnobby, there is someone here in the Antipodes waiting for the result of your endeavours. I'm just checking time lag here and I have fallen prone to something similar to pub/curry etc in the last couple of hours, but by your time you definitely have no excuse! Full report, please! Does reality match your paperwork?
Cheers!

MinZaPint

Quote from: tadpole on April 12, 2012, 10:30:52 AM

Got distracted by a pub/curry combo, so didn't manage last night, but definitely tonight! SWMBO is out, nothing too exciting on the telly, so no excuses.

That's my problem! but HID is out on Friday so if I can resist the pub and make some progress on the layout I might get permission to spend a couple of bob at the Bournemouth exhibition on Saturday!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations