My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus

Quote from: Bealman on March 15, 2022, 08:00:10 AM
New bus stops coming up. Flying to South Australia tomorrow. Except I'll have a hire car. I'll try to snap some.  :beers:

Is it the bus stops that are flying to South Australia? Or are you flying there in a hire car?  :confused1:

I confuse easily.

Cheers,

Chris

Malc

Thinking about the flooding, a pal of mine bought a house in Evesham by the river. When he stripped the wallpaper off the living room wall, he found a mark going all the way round the room, about 2' from the ceiling. He thought it might have been where a picture rail had been fitted. However his neighbour told him it was the high water mark from the last flood.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

railsquid

Quote from: Malc on March 15, 2022, 01:20:15 PM
Thinking about the flooding, a pal of mine bought a house in Evesham by the river. When he stripped the wallpaper off the living room wall, he found a mark going all the way round the room, about 2' from the ceiling. He thought it might have been where a picture rail had been fitted. However his neighbour told him it was the high water mark from the last flood.

Don't people ever think "oooh, there's a river, that's nice, I wonder how often and how high it floods?".

Snowwolflair

Quote from: railsquid on March 15, 2022, 03:40:34 PM

Don't people ever think "oooh, there's a river, that's nice, I wonder how often and how high it floods?".

Just like people in Tokyo saying oooh there is a big volcano , wonder what the earthquakes are like  :smiley-laughing:

The Q

I know I did , there were several houses I rejected as being on the flood plain, our house is surrounded by land that is -1M ASL, but we ourselves in this house is +7m ASL.

From the model railway shed, I can see houses a couple of miles away, where 7 people lost their lives in the 1953 Floods in Norfolk.

Trainfish

I sold my last house because it backed on to the canal. You never know.............
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Malc

When I was working in Holland, a workmate showed me some family pictures. I asked him what the green bank towering over his house was. He told me it was the Dyke and his house was 10m below sea level.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Not a bus stop, a cabin.

Staying in a cabin at Seacliff, South Australia for week while visiting GrandBealboy. Hire car alongside.

The cabin/van park just happens to be on the beach next to Seacliff surf club. A liquid breakfast of Cooper's (South Australia's signature beer) was in order.

Tides out

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Quote from: Malc on March 16, 2022, 01:07:16 PM
When I was working in Holland, a workmate showed me some family pictures. I asked him what the green bank towering over his house was. He told me it was the Dyke and his house was 10m below sea level.

There are parts of Tokyo which are uip to 4 or 5m below sea level, and the areas are dotted with signs to the effect that "if the sea defences fail, the water will be *this* high", "*this*" usually being well above head level.

(For the record, Chez Railsquid is located approximately 50 metres higher than those areas, slap bang on a watershed so if it does ever flood here, all we can do is hope that the old guy with the ship full of animals will sail past).

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on March 17, 2022, 12:58:06 AMA liquid breakfast of Cooper's (South Australia's signature beer)

What, do you like dip a quill in it when signing contracts?  :goggleeyes:

Bealman

Hey don't knock it. I just won two packs of cards with their scratchie promotion

daffy

Quote from: Bealman on March 17, 2022, 01:54:03 AM
Hey don't knock it. I just won two packs of cards with their scratchie promotion

A 'scratchie promotion'? :hmmm:  Is that when you scratch your head and just wonder "Why?". :D. But at least you can play Canasta now. ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

Another beautiful day in South Australia

Breakfast at the surf club again

But this time not just liquid. Bealman halfway through the biggest omelette he'd seen

Oh, and two more Cooper's promo scratchies, resulting in a a beach bag and picnic mat. On a roll, here!  :beers:

Platy767

A brekkie like that deserves a walk along the beach to Glenelg (and back).

Nice spot.

Graham

That makes a nice change from the rain you were experiencing in NSW

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations