My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Platy767

As long as that is getting away, it's ok.

At Chez Platy (high side of the street) I had the storm water piping, gutters and downpipes upgraded when I moved in over 20 years ago. The front and rear grass are sodden, but there is no standing water.

Don't think I can say the same about Muirfield golf course, up the street. There is a lot of water coming down the driveway.

daffy

Stay safe - and dry - George. I've experienced flood water up to my door sills in two different houses so I know how worrying it can be. Is it still raining or is the deluge ending? I do hope so.

Do bowls float? :hmmm:  Are locals being plagued by heavy spherical objects carried by the tide smashing into their wellies?  :hmmm:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

:laughabovepost:

Thanks, Mike.

Didn't see any bowls carried away but there was a bunch of directors down there today getting around in wellies.

It's still going as I type this, unfortunately.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

The Q

Me thinks, we can send some assistance to the bus stop...

A river bus..

Bealman

Bealman

Bowlo still closed! I've had to get a member's card at the Figtree hotel to get the price down from a ridiculous $7.20 to a slightly more acceptable $6.40 a schooner.

Still not close to the $5 at the bowlo during happy hour  >:(

Bealman

Not the usual bus stop.

Desperate times, desperate measures. Luckily the Figtree hotel has a stop right outside!

railsquid

Such a relief  :thumbsup:

Hope you're not planning to participate in what seems to be a live fight?

Bealman

It can happen there, but the place isn't as bad as it used to be thirty years ago. They have security these days too  ;)

crewearpley40

Will it sell a pint of usual George?

Bealman

Victoria Bitter, no problem.  :pint:

crewearpley40

Is it a pleasant venue to have a pint with your family/ friends in ? With good service and a good range of drinks ?

Bealman

It's a dive, Chris. But when the bowlo is shut....

Bealman

New bus stops coming up. Flying to South Australia tomorrow. Except I'll have a hire car. I'll try to snap some.  :beers:

crewearpley40

Safe journey to adelaide

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations