My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

I built this some years ago - flashes the appropriate coloured LED on garbage day  :D

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

RailGooner

Quote from: Bealman on February 21, 2022, 04:02:12 AM
I built it's some years ago - flashes the appropriate coloured LED on garbage day  :D

Our Council have an app for that.  8)

Nbodger

Our council text you, you can be sat on a beach in Spain or wherever, get a text and start worrying, dam you forgot to put the bin out dear.  ;)

dannyboy

Our council do not collect bins, it is all privatised. We have a blue wheelie bin for recyclables and a black one for other rubbish. The blue one is free collection, whereas the black one is 'pay by weight' and they are collected fortnightly. Even if there are no bins put out, I am charged €17, (just over £14 at todays exchange rate), monthly. The trouble is, I have just over a half mile trek to the collection point, 250 yards downhill and 250 yards uphill just to get to the lane that takes me to the collection point - and then back again! On a nice summers day that is not so bad, but in the middle of winter - not a lot of fun.  :no:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

The Q

Any sort of reminder would be no good to us.. We are on the end of the round.. so 9 times out of 10 they've run out of hours on the Wednesday, and come back on Saturday overtime..

railsquid

Quote from: RailGooner on February 21, 2022, 06:41:28 AM
Quote from: Bealman on February 21, 2022, 04:02:12 AM
I built it's some years ago - flashes the appropriate coloured LED on garbage day  :D

Our Council have an app for that.  8)

Hah, I noticed today the old, faded refuse collection schedule sign which has adorned our little refuse alcove for the past decade has been replaced very recenlty by a shiny new one which not only has English and Chinese translations, but also QR codes for downloading an app, which has "a lot of convenient functions related to resources and garbage are in full swing!"  (sic), which sounds quite exciting and might help while away the long Covid evenings. Or may not.

Snowwolflair

tutenkhamunsleeping

Train Waiting

Hello Chums

Here's a bus stop in Dalkeith, Midlothian, complete with a bus!  Not my local one, but where I changed from the No. 3 to the No. 140:

This bus stop has a wall to sit on as can be seen here:

The Morrison's supermarket you see behind the wall is built on the site of the Dalkeith railway terminus - a site of considerable railway interest.  Let me know if you want to know a bit more about it.

Unfortunately, I didn't choose to change here because of the railway interest - this stop is served by both services which means no walking required and it has that convenient wall to sit on because of:

That chewing gum on the pavement is absolutely disgusting!

Best wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

daffy

QuoteThat chewing gum on the pavement is absolutely disgusting!

I'm surprised you even tried it John  :-X

What flavour was it? :D

:beers:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

I know what it's like sitting at the bus stop with one of those on, John!

Bealman

No hurry to the bus stop today.... bowling club got flooded  :*(

Trainfish

The bar itself got flooded?  :goggleeyes: :*(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

No but underneath water was 4 feet deep. The bowlers store their bowls and kit there. It was inundated.

Bealman

View from backstep of Bealman's laundry yesterday

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations