My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: railsquid on March 21, 2021, 04:58:18 AM
Quote from: Bealman on March 21, 2021, 04:30:57 AM
Just on news that it looks like I won't be going to the Tokyo Olympics - all tickets to be refunded to overseas spectators. Not that I was going anyway!

I was planning to avoid the whole spectacle last year by taking advantage of all the extra flights. However if there are empty stadia needing filling, I might consider taking the Squidlet along for the once-in-a-lifetime experience and to extract some value from my taxes.

Oh those innocent times of (checks notes) less than 4 months ago, when Coronavirus Classic still roamed the streets. Now we have  (checks notes) a fourth "State of Emergency" coming up which will cover the main Olympics period and the upcoming (checks notes) fifth wave, and the powers that be have just decided it would be prudent to do the whole thing without spectators at all (for the events in the Tokyo area at least).

Bealman

Yeah, saw that on the telly.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Freedom Day.

Yesterday saw the end of lockdown in NSW, so yours truly was first into a local pub  :thumbsup:

crewearpley40

Bealman

Freedom day meant a return to the bus stop, of course. Unfortunately it seemed to coincide with a return to winter, as can be seen in the pics:

Graham

Quote from: Bealman on October 12, 2021, 01:56:28 AM
Freedom Day.

Yesterday saw the end of lockdown in NSW, so yours truly was first into a local pub  :thumbsup:

Boy that does look good, hopefully next month we will get out and be able to go to the pub.

Webbo

I'm envious George.

Hopefully after this coming Friday we'll be allowed to go to the pub too.

Webbo  :beers:

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on October 12, 2021, 02:44:00 AM
Freedom day meant a return to the bus stop, of course. Unfortunately it seemed to coincide with a return to winter, as can be seen in the pics:

Clearly this is some definition of winter I was previously unaware of  :hmmm:

Nice to see the bus stop again anyway  :thumbsup:

Train Waiting

Quote from: Bealman on October 12, 2021, 01:56:28 AM
Freedom Day.

:beers:

That looks good - cheers!

Bottled beer is good but draught is so much better.  When the pubs here opened at the end of May, alcohol could only be served outdoors and we had to sit enjoying a brisk easterly, with our overcoats on.  I see you have gone for the same look, albeit indoors.  Over-enthusiastic air conditioning?

It's much better now that we are allowed indoors and the plan is for fine, foaming ale and gala luncheon tomorrow, providing Mrs Poppingham provides a taxi service!

Best wishes

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Bealman

Excellent. Enjoy lunch!  :beers:

I'm rugged up in the pic, by the way, because it was cold and wet! It's not all sunshine and hot weather here (well, sometimes)  ;)

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on October 13, 2021, 12:05:14 AM
Excellent. Enjoy lunch!  :beers:

I'm rugged up in the pic, by the way, because it was cold and wet! It's not all sunshine and hot weather here (well, sometimes)  ;)

The rug from the top of your head seems to have slipped though  :goggleeyes:  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

I took it off altogether yesterday

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on October 13, 2021, 12:40:27 AM
I took it off altogether yesterday

"Police have issued this selfie apparently taken by the suspect before entering the McDonalds and forcing staff to hand over all VB bottle tops from the safe".

PGN

Quote from: Bealman on October 13, 2021, 12:05:14 AM
I'm rugged up in the pic

It's an equestrian expression, guys ... the anti-weather garments you put on horses are referred to as "rugs".
Pre-Grouping: the best of all possible worlds!

I would rather build a model which is wrong but "looks right" than a model which is right but "looks wrong".

Bealman

Neigh... ! Burrrr.... brurrr, (shakes head)  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations