My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

I think the aliens know what they're doing when it comes to seeding grass. There's only 3 which I can see in that picture so I guess they're from quality control and all the workers have gone home. Good result too. Do you think I could get them to Devizes to do my back garden?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

No bus stop pics today. Mrs Bealman went for a walk over the seacliff bridge for her birthday. Bit more scenic than the bus stop!

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

You spoil her! My wife would be sceptical if I sent or took her to a bridge on her birthday. She prefers flowers.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

Quote from: Bealman on January 17, 2021, 08:47:41 AM
Mrs Bealman went for a walk over the seacliff bridge for her birthday.

Happy Birthday to Mrs. B'. (Bit of a cheap present though - a walk on a bridge  ???).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

It may be just my mind but I also think that a walk across a bridge would sound better than over it. Especially when you say "over the seacliff".
John

<*))))><

Platy767

Ahhh. Memories of the rides down to Clifton pub on the weekend, and the magnificent back verandah view over the ocean. Those were the days (1976(bona fide traveller), well before the bridge))!

Just my 2cents worth, but that part of the NSW coast is one of the nicest places you could find yourself.

Papyrus

Quote from: Platy767 on January 17, 2021, 11:36:21 AM
Just my 2cents worth, but that part of the NSW coast is one of the nicest places you could find yourself.

It certainly looks like a lovely stretch of coastline. So why have they ruined the view by building that concrete monstrosity along it??

Cheers,

Chris

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on January 16, 2021, 06:08:27 AM
He replies, ignoring above post.  :P

Even though I've lived here a long time now, I am constantly amazed at the ability of the Australian climate to cause things to grow so quickly.

This is the same green from a few days ago:

Surely that's a brown?  ???

Talking of socks, Mrs. Railsquid was most delighted with the pack of Spongebob Squarepants socks I spontaneously bought her recently.

Bealman

Thanks for the socks reminder! Spongebob Squarepants, eh? Cool!

Well, as threatened, here's me other pair of Queen happy socks:

Bealman

Quote from: Trainfish on January 17, 2021, 11:05:43 AM
It may be just my mind but I also think that a walk across a bridge would sound better than over it. Especially when you say "over the seacliff".

Couldn't happen. She had bodyguards with her in the form of Bealettes 1 and 3, Bealette 3 having become very proficient at martial arts after her 18 months in Japan  ;)

Bealman

Quote from: dannyboy on January 17, 2021, 10:56:57 AM
Quote from: Bealman on January 17, 2021, 08:47:41 AM
Mrs Bealman went for a walk over the seacliff bridge for her birthday.

Happy Birthday to Mrs. B'. (Bit of a cheap present though - a walk on a bridge  ???).

Expensive lunch afterwards at the pub at the end of the bridge  :thumbsup:

crewearpley40

Sounds like superb stocking fillers

Bealman

Quote from: Papyrus on January 17, 2021, 12:47:01 PM
Quote from: Platy767 on January 17, 2021, 11:36:21 AM

It certainly looks like a lovely stretch of coastline. So why have they ruined the view by building that concrete monstrosity along it??

Cheers,

Chris

Simples. The sandstone cliffs in this area are very susceptible to crumbling and rock falls are very common. The old road (which can just be made out in the photos) hugged the cliffs, was extremely tortuous to drive, and would often be blocked, and I believe there were fatalities.

Anyway, I don't reckon that the bridge looks bad at all - quite a graceful piece of engineering, I feel.

Graham

they use that bridge in a lot of tourism ads, always thought about driving round the coast from Melbourne to Brisbane, stopping a few nights here and there along the way. Congratulations to the missus on her birthday.

Bealman

Bealman was woken up this morning by a lot of noise. It turned out they were removing a super-tall gumtree from a house down the hill.

All I can say is that the guy up the tree has no fear, no fear at all.

Bloody Spiderman.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations