My local bus stop

Started by Bealman, December 12, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

And Cape Town Trevor now in Russia.

dannyboy

Our dog 'Blue' quite likes beef jerky, but what I want to know is, how do people know it tastes like "sweaty sandal sole" and, being aware of that fact, why do they eat sweaty sandal sole?  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

joe cassidy

It's a lot cheaper than Dover sole.

Adam1701D

I really like a bice bi of beef jerky now and again. High protein and great jaw excercise :)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

OffshoreAlan

Quote from: dannyboy on August 26, 2020, 01:07:46 PM
...how do people know it tastes like "sweaty sandal sole" and ... why do they eat sweaty sandal sole?  ???

Just what I thought when Paul Hollywood once said a contestant's meal tasted like wallpaper paste.

Trainfish

Quote from: joe cassidy on August 26, 2020, 01:02:25 PM
I love biltong.

In English we would call it "beef jerky", in the US pemmican.

No! Don't let a South African hear you say that. Believe me, I know from experience. From memory jerky is air dried on racks while biltong is hung to dry. I can't remember the rest and I'm scared to ask him  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

joe cassidy

Don't ask him about the chemicals they soak it in either  :no:

RailGooner

Quote from: Trainfish on August 26, 2020, 01:50:32 PM
.. jerky is air dried on racks while biltong is hung to dry...

:confused1: Ain't "air dried on racks" the same thing as "hung to dry"?!

Trainfish

Quote from: RailGooner on August 26, 2020, 03:08:09 PM
Quote from: Trainfish on August 26, 2020, 01:50:32 PM
.. jerky is air dried on racks while biltong is hung to dry...

:confused1: Ain't "air dried on racks" the same thing as "hung to dry"?!

I believe 1 is hung vertically and 1 is laid flat but I may be wrong. This would also explain the difference in chewiness or texture I suppose. I think also the air drying is forced a bit like a hair drier. As I said, I'm not asking him again  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

RailGooner

I do like a bit of jerky. Not too often though. Just now and again, to test my teeth are still firmly rooted.

Bealman

Ah, all is revealed. Beef jerky.

Yeah, you can get it in pubs and vending machines here, but it's expensive for what it is.

Weirdly, they produce it in the town I was married in!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

My 2 daughters love the stuff, not a fan myself. To me it is what I imagine chewing an old piece of leather would be like.

Bealman

Just to prove I still have the moonboot off....

Couldn't put it on anyway.... SWMBO has it at the moment, nursing fractured ankle  :no:

The Q

Quote from: Bealman on August 29, 2020, 06:43:27 AM
Just to prove I still have the moonboot off....

Couldn't put it on anyway.... SWMBO has it at the moment, nursing fractured ankle  :no:
You have all the animal life in Australia trying to kill you,  and you two keep trying to do it yourselves it seems a wasted effort :bounce:

Bealman

Well she was wrestling a diamond python at the time.... and that was before breakfast!  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations