Well, with the moonboot finally off, it's back to the trolleys:

.....and the golden arches.

It's been a while!

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

At least it doesn't look like there were queues like ours when they re-opened:

I think this girl got the hump when they wouldn't serve her at the drive-thru

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

:laughabovepost:

Ours never really closed.... you could always get drive through!

weave

Hi George,

Glad the bus stop's back  :thumbsup:.

I quickly looked back on the thread to see how long it had been and amazingly my last post on that day was about three hours before I had my accident. Ironically I signed off by saying 'take care'   :doh:  :)

Oh the webs we weave  :D.

Also, your boot off and mine officially on for walking with crutches yesterday afternoon and potentially walking without crutches in three weeks but that sounds like a lot of effort after lying in bed for nearly 3 months.

Please keep the through the night (UK time) posts coming though as I can't always sleep (although better than having to listen to 'Nora the Snorer' upstairs  :D. )

:no: That's a joke, her name's not Nora  :).

Oh to see real trolleys again.

Stay safe and have a few bowling VBs for me.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

Bealman

Just on my way there now!  :beers:

daffy

@Trainfish :
Quotehttps://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/gallery/95/262-170620031144-95566632.jpeg

Lockdown must be over if Macky D's are back to getting their normal meat deliveries. :D

And good to see the Bus Stop back on my reading list. :thumbsup:

All the best to you @weave for a swift and non-too taxing return to ambulatory normality. :thumbsup: Remember that you now have ready made 'yardsticks' to ensure the local natives keep to the social distancing rules when you're out and about. ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

railsquid

All this talk of bus stops and fast food establishments puts me in mind of my second most local bus stop:

(technically two bus stops as served by two different bus companies).

No feral shopping trolleys though, they simply do not exist in these parts.

Bealman

Best of luck with the boot and crutches, mate. After 2 months on crutches and 12 months in the boot, I could write a PhD thesis on that!

Here's a VB for you, weave, on a very wet and cold afternoon  :beers:

Train Waiting

That looks tempting!  I hope our licensed premises open soon.

:beers:

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Bealman

I hope so, too!

However there's still a lot of sense in staying cautious....

Victoria saw a spike of 21 cases (Covid, not VB) today. I hope we're not being a bit premature here.

My wife got called into work today (retired teacher), but thought better of it.

tutenkhamunsleeping

TrevL

Quote from: Bealman on June 17, 2020, 08:28:55 AM
I hope so, too!

However there's still a lot of sense in staying cautious....

Victoria saw a spike of 21 cases (Covid, not VB) today. I hope we're not being a bit premature here.

My wife got called into work today (retired teacher), but thought better of it.

21 cases of VB would put you in hospital :laugh:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Could have been worse if they weren't new  :worried:

Bealman

No bus stop pics from last night's sojourn, unfortunately. A couple of the local youth were sharing the stop with me, and as they appeared like they might have been on something, I thought it prudent to keep the camera holstered.

It was raining anyway  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations