Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevL and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 12, 2022, 05:15:54 PM
Quote from: Malc on July 12, 2022, 04:33:24 PM
I don't know Mick. Have you tried emailing her? She might be lonely.

I hope not. Mr. Callan says Lonely stinks :worried:
(Oh Gawd - that's showing my age)

When you mentioned Liz Hurley you were already showing your age  :goggleeyes:

Newportnobby

Just got back from a PCR test at Preston Hospital drive-thru prior to a planned op on Wednesday.
Blimey Guv! He shoved the swab so far up my schnoz I reckon he cleaned the lower half of my brain cell :o. Needless to say, he also caused a nose bleed but luckily I'd thought that might happen and had a tissue handy. :)
On the way back down the M6 the car temperature gauge read 31. I'm not too good with such temperatures but at least in my little bungalow the indoor reads 23.5 so a bit more comfortable.

Papyrus

Ooooch!

Hope whoever does the op is a bit more careful... Hope it all goes well on Wednesday.

Cheers,

Chris

Newportnobby

Thanks, Chris. I was ready for it because I'm on strong blood thinners (not Warfarin), which I have to stop taking 2 days before the op. If I blow my nose too hard I just know blood will flow, and it sometimes happens when I sneeze so I always have a pack of tissues around.

guest10040

both HB and I will have our fingers / claws crossed for you on wednesday....
we are sure you will come through, after all, who would dare to cross @Newportnobby ..

all the best, my 'friend' if I may go so far.

we cannot afford to lose you, so new battery, and you will be ready to take on anything..

or so HB says.

take care
alan

crewearpley40

Good luck Wednesday mu
I know. Stay cool

Malc

Blood thinners are great at preventing clots. I'm on Apixaban and had to stop it before I had a wisdom tooth out. I also had to stop my leukaemia meds two days before and two days after. It's a pain getting old. Mind you when I was in my drinking days, I never expected to get to 30, never mind 70+
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on July 17, 2022, 04:39:35 PM
Mind you when I was in my drinking days, I never expected to get to 30, never mind 70+

Strewth! That's a scary thought, Malc :worried:

Thanks for all the good wishes. If all goes well I should be out of hospital the next day............
Enough anyway. I reckon folks are getting fed up with the subject.
Obviously I'll post an update as soon as poss - can't have that crewearpley40 catching me up post-wise :P

Newportnobby

Back home about an hour ago, so only about 28 hours in Blackpool hospital for a 20 minute op.
All appears to have gone well but time will be the judge. Nursing staff, anaesthetic team, cutter and food all extremely good. Patient Transfer System worked superbly, getting me there and bringing me back in short time. I'm sore, especially when moving about and, being a somewhat hirsute type, think the nurse wielded her razor over enthusiastically, which will no doubt result in much careful scratching over the next month or so.
If I'm still about for the next unit change I'll not be worried :no:
(They change the entire unit not the batteries. The unit is about the size of a 20 ciggy pack)

dannyboy

Glad all went okay Mick, you seem to have been well looked after.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

crewearpley40

Plenty of rest mick. You will soon be up working in Kimbolted and hope you have plenty to read

Nbodger

Glad everything went well for you Mick, more scratching over the next month, where the hell did they shave you so enthusiastically.

Take it easy

Best Wishes
Mike H

zwilnik

Glad to hear it went well Mick. As a person of hirsuteness myself, I feel your pain/itch :)

Malc

There's nothing much you can do to stop the hair growing back. I had to wear an ECG for 72 hours and needed an extensive shave. I had to be careful which polo shirts I put on as some caught the fledgling hairs and made them itch more. Glad the procedure went well and you're good to go for a few more years.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Papyrus

Good to hear that it all went well. I'm sure that Blackpool is very nice at this time of year for a mid-week break.

Take it easy for a few days and keep playing trains.

All the best,

Chris

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations