Show Your Latest Completed Loco and Rolling Stock Kit/Scratch Builds

Started by EtchedPixels, July 09, 2013, 08:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulCheffus

Quote from: Paul B on August 12, 2014, 05:55:12 PM
One of the problems I find with making kits is that I am my worst enemy - when I look at a model from a very close up perspective while making it, I can see everywhere that I am not quite happy with. Then, every time I pick it up, I see those bits, and wish I had done it better.  However, I tell myself that it looks great in amongst a long rake of similar models on a layout, and I try not to be so picky!  :-[

Hi

I am much the same whilst building but find that once it is finished and put away in the stock drawer for a while the next time I get it out I have forgotten all the issues.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

d-a-n

Thanks for the kind comments about the Butterley wagon. I'm going to try my hand at some peco vans and spray them next time I'm kit building, shame Peco don't make the HAA MGR hoppers as a kit. I used to paint Warhammer figurines to quite a high standard in the 90s, I guess I feel I'm a bit out practice and expect awesome results out of the box with brush only!

I am quite pleased with this brush-only weathering. More of this soon.

[smg id=5054]

Luke Piewalker

So my old 3 pole Grafar 25 (first n gauge engine I ever got, second hand...) had one of the little dangly bits broken off the body. So I got a body courtesy of Etched Pixels and started gently trying to lighten up the weathering a bit. So obviously I then ended up stripping it completely for a repaint!
Anyhoo, here's 25 908, poised ready to haul some nuclear flasks...

CarriageShed

Quote from: Luke Piewalker on September 26, 2014, 02:40:37 PM

So my old 3 pole Grafar 25 (first n gauge engine I ever got, second hand...) had one of the little dangly bits broken off the body. So I got a body courtesy of Etched Pixels and started gently trying to lighten up the weathering a bit. So obviously I then ended up stripping it completely for a repaint!
Anyhoo, here's 25 908, poised ready to haul some nuclear flasks...

I see elements of Trigger sneaking in here - "I've had the same broom for 25 years..." ;)

Agrippa

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

daveg

I bought a 'Broom for Life'. for £25, ooh, must be 10 years ago.

Only had two new heads and a replacement handle.

That's what I call value for money!  :dunce:

Dave G  :wave:

Luke Piewalker

No split gears on this bad boy... on account of them being brass...

wonder if I can do a direct drop in of a 5 pole armyture...  :hmmm:

Cooper

I have finally finished the 6 POA wagons 'Russell H' supplied to me as 3D prints with etched ladders. They go on the Peco 15 foot steel chassis and I'm very happy with them! He keeps threatening to produce the Pedestal suspension/hand brake wheel variety but it's not surfaced yet. I'll need a couple of these too to finish the rake.

As you can see below, there are currently two different body styles available.

Vigo

After about 6 years of searching, I managed to find one - in Australia :goggleeyes:
A 2mm scale Class 76 (EM1). Bloody awful kit to build but worth the effort in the end.

I decided against using the Kato chassis that was recommended simply because I couldn't justify another 96 quid for something that would need to be butchered to fit. This EM1 uses a simple Tomytec chassis well disguised by the massive bogie castings, hence it runs around Hadfield very well.
In Memoriam: https://hadfieldsite.wordpress.com/

Latest project: San Pablo - Rural Spain in miniature (HOe ish)

Jerry Howlett

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Roy L S

Very nice indeed, a beautifully made kit.

As an aside I often wonder if a Woodhead Electric Class 76 would warrant a crowdfunding proposal, it carried several liveries, lasted about 30 years in traffic. In the 60s would have been seen alongside steam and early diesels plus also (I believe) hauled passenger trains al well as freight...

Roy

Bangor Lad

Four Peco 16 tonners and a couple of tanks.

[smg id=27556 type=preview align=center caption="DSCF1477"]

[smg id=27555 type=preview align=center caption="DSCF1489"]

Thanks for looking
Bangor Lad
aka Dave
Winner N Gauge Society Building Cup 2015

Bespoke building services. PM for details

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/78608332@N07/albums

DELETED

I made a very bad attempt at a BR crew bus from Dornplas.  Instructions were pretty pap, couldn't find any pics until the end when I searched for crew "bus" not van (dooh).  Looks OK though I couldn't warrant proper glazing liquid for one kit so I used Deluxe rocket card glue with some success...

...some room for improvement, might try the kit again.  The original is pretty varied anyway.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations