what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: newportnobby on October 08, 2015, 09:01:27 PM
Due to a hospital enforced relaxation day, I har mostly been lending an ear to my favourite Heep albums - Demons & Wizards + The Magicians Birthday, followed by The Band - The Last Waltz and now this hoary old blues track....

Demons & Wizards was okay, for me it as to Salisbury, followed by Look at Yourself and Sweet Freedom. Albums that need to be listened with headphones on. Bliss!  :music:

As you can see, I prefer Uriah Heep's earlier stuff.

Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Dorsetmike

This grumpy old fart has a playlist mix of mostly baroque classical, big band swing, & jazz but currently a Temperance Seven track (not quite jazz but fun)

I have 36 similar 3 hour playlists plus a further 15 purely Baroque and adding some of all swing and jazz.

There are a few tracks from Focus and Renaissance in some of the lists and I'm weeding out the Spike Jones, first few times they generate a chuckle or two, but soon get tedious.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jack on October 09, 2015, 12:05:00 PM
Due to a hospital enforced relaxation day, I har mostly been lending an ear to my favourite Heep albums - Demons & Wizards + The Magicians Birthday, followed by The Band - The Last Waltz and now this hoary old blues track....

Demons & Wizards was okay, for me it as to Salisbury, followed by Look at Yourself and Sweet Freedom. Albums that need to be listened with headphones on. Bliss!  :music:

Very 'eavy, very 'umble is on the turntable now, Jack. Still trying to get the cobwebs off the cover, mind ::)

Jack

Quote from: newportnobby on October 09, 2015, 02:32:11 PM

Very 'eavy, very 'umble is on the turntable now, Jack. Still trying to get the cobwebs off the cover, mind ::)

Are you doing a heap of Heep Mike? One of my favorite tracks that's on "Very 'eavy..." - "Come away Melinda". I'm going to have to do some digging and go way back into my youf and have some UH time myself I think.

I've got the house to myself tomorrow I wonder want I can annoy/educate the neighbors with on the sound system?  >:D :laugh:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jack on October 09, 2015, 02:55:58 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on October 09, 2015, 02:32:11 PM

Are you doing a heap of Heep Mike? One of my favorite tracks that's on "Very 'eavy..." - "Come away Melinda". I'm going to have to do some digging and go way back into my youf and have some UH time myself I think.

I've got the house to myself tomorrow I wonder want I can annoy/educate the neighbors with on the sound system?  >:D :laugh:

My neighbours are loving it so much they're banging on the walls for more :laugh3:

Jack

Agrippa

Quote from: newportnobby on October 09, 2015, 09:37:32 AM
Quote from: Agrippa on October 08, 2015, 11:03:45 PM
Anything but The Smiths and King Crimson.........

I agree with you about The Smiths but what have you got against King Crimson? :-X

I'd sooner jump off a cliff than listen to KC.....
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Newportnobby

Quote from: Agrippa on October 09, 2015, 03:54:04 PM

I agree with you about The Smiths but what have you got against King Crimson? :-X

Yeah - he was never any good once the Sunshine Band had gone from the scene :D

port perran

Quote from: newportnobby on October 09, 2015, 08:12:19 PM
Quote from: Agrippa on October 09, 2015, 03:54:04 PM

Yeah - he was never any good once the Sunshine Band had gone from the scene :D
Brilliant That's (Just) the Way I like it  :D
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Being of a 'certain age' and having watched BBC4's excellent 'Psychedelia' evening at the weekend I am now reliving that time with Procul Harum, Small Faces, Moody Blues etc.

Bob Tidbury

Great choice of music Mick but don't do any dancing with your condition and all your new bits and pieces unless of course you've oiled the joints first . I have the Readers Digest set of the Golden Oldies about 10 CDs and me and Val often put them on instead of the Tele.
Look after yourself .
Bob

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on October 26, 2015, 09:24:56 PM
Great choice of music Mick but don't do any dancing with your condition and all your new bits and pieces unless of course you've oiled the joints first . I have the Readers Digest set of the Golden Oldies about 10 CDs and me and Val often put them on instead of the Tele.
Look after yourself .
Bob

Ha! If you'd ever seen me dancing you'd make the instant comparison with Peter Kay's 'Dad's Dancing' so I don't :no:
I'm more of a Timothy Leary's "Turn on, tune in, drop out" sorta chap.
Thanks for your kind wishes, Bob.

tinyone

Just got me a new cd of another Canadian band called Headstones found it after watching Flashpoint on CBS the singer is one of the stars of the program so we Googled him and found this "One in the chamber music" yeah man

Steve
Little is big and I'm little

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations