what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran, Moonglum and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

red_death

Quote from: bridgiesimon on July 07, 2014, 08:27:44 PM
I had not heard of them before but my sis said they were great live, loads of energy and enthusiasm and went down a storm with the crowd, which at Sonisphere takes something special.

Simon

Hmmm, I was there.  They were good but not as good as I've seen them before!

Personally I prefer "I'm shipping up to Boston" or "State of Massachussets".

Cheers, Mike

Malc

They were a good band of their time. Difficult to imagine Lemmy being a member.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Malc

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

kardkits

First CD I bought was 'Chris Rea - Road to Hell - Album' really dissapointed, when I played it, turned out to be a factory mis-press, I had to endure a Bobby Brown Album instead. And that was the days before bootlegging, Still got the CD too.

Andi

Wishmaster

Listening to Music in preparation for the next Music Game that I run. A group of us play a game as follows: We select how many rounds (8 this time). Each round has a theme (This time we have; Drinking, Transport, A Question, Ridiculous Song Titles, Incorporating An Orchestra, Songs That Tell A Story and 2 'free' rounds). Everyone then submits a track in each category. I then create a folder for each category and we listern to one folder at a time over a week-10 day period. Each song is scored by each player 1-10 and we get a winner of the round. The scores are added together and we get an overall champion.

So, I've been sitting here racking my brains for Ridiculous Song Titles.... that also need a decent song behind them!! Not easy. Got most of the other rounds sorted.

Feel free to suggest anything!

kardkits

Quote from: Wishmaster on July 23, 2014, 01:08:47 PM

So, I've been sitting here racking my brains for Ridiculous Song Titles.... that also need a decent song behind them!! Not easy. Got most of the other rounds sorted.

A Song For The Deaf – Queens Of The Stone Age

Wishmaster

Quote from: kardkits on July 23, 2014, 02:15:34 PM

Ah, can't use that one. We have a rule that any song already used in a previous game can't be put in again.... and someone used it in the last games Five Senses round!

Oh, I should also mention that the person entering the song is meant to like it.... My taste is classic rock, metal, symphonic rock. Seen quite a bit of that mentioned here so hoping you guys have good ideas!

kardkits

Quote from: Wishmaster on July 23, 2014, 02:30:29 PM
Quote from: kardkits on July 23, 2014, 02:15:34 PM

Ah, can't use that one. We have a rule that any song already used in a previous game can't be put in again.... and someone used it in the last games Five Senses round!

Oh, I should also mention that the person entering the song is meant to like it.... My taste is classic rock, metal, symphonic rock. Seen quite a bit of that mentioned here so hoping you guys have good ideas!
QoTSA are a classic rock band  :D

How about
Don't Eat The Yellow Snow, Frank Zappa

kardkits

Wishmaster

I didn'pt mean those twoparas to be read together... althouthpersonally I'/m not a fan of the Queens.

Newportnobby

How about "Someone's gonna get their head kicked in tonite" by Earl Vance and the Valiants (actually Fleetwood Mac)?

Fleetwood Mac - "Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonite"

jonclox

Been trying to find this for months and now I cant stop playing it

Two Steps From Hell - Invincible
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Wishmaster

Fleetwood Mc: For some reason I've never come across that before. Possibilities there!

There's loads of ridiculous, and very long titles out there..... but the songs are mostly rubbish!!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations