what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

LoneStar - Bells of Berlin
Thunder - Don't wait for me
Hawkwind - Orgone Accumulator and others from 'Space Ritual'

Shaun Harvey

The new Dream Theatre album. Truly awesome!

ParkeNd

John Lee Hooker's last three albums on vinyl.  Voice like velvet dynamite courtesy of the Linn Sondek.

silverfox

Credance Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son

Jimmy Hendrix - Vodoo Chile

The Stones - Gimme Shelter

Hold up!......has West Sussex just turned into the Mekong Delta? :hmmm:

port perran

Bumpers.
An Island sampler LP from about 1970 containing various artists such as Cat Stevens, Traffic, Spooky Tooth, Sandy Denny, Fairports, Cat Stevens, Jimmy Cliff, Renaissance, Free, Blodwyn Pig and many more.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Quote from: port perran on February 09, 2014, 05:16:03 PM
Bumpers.
An Island sampler LP from about 1970 containing various artists such as Cat Stevens, Traffic, Spooky Tooth, Sandy Denny, Fairports, Cat Stevens, Jimmy Cliff, Renaissance, Free, Blodwyn Pig and many more.

Wonderful album! I have about 4 Island samplers along with the CBS one 'Fill your head with rock', the Harvest one 'Picnic' and a few others, but would like to obtain the Vertigo one (whose title I can't recall ::))

port perran

I have only one other, the Atlantic Sampler - "Age of Atlantic". Good stuff on there.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: newportnobby on February 09, 2014, 09:29:02 PM
would like to obtain the Vertigo one (whose title I can't recall ::))

There were quite a few Vertigo samplers, including the 'Super Heavy' volumes.  Look for 'V/A' in the list at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo_Records

Newportnobby

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on February 10, 2014, 08:07:33 AM

There were quite a few Vertigo samplers, including the 'Super Heavy' volumes.  Look for 'V/A' in the list at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo_Records

Thanks for that - I think it might have been reference 6830 032 July 1970 so will try and follow that up :thumbsup:

Dock Shunter

Quote from: newportnobby on February 10, 2014, 10:11:45 AM
Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on February 10, 2014, 08:07:33 AM

Thanks for that - I think it might have been reference 6830 032 July 1970 so will try and follow that up :thumbsup:

That sampler was a white label promo only Mick.
Finding a copy will be like finding rocking horse .......t.
Will keep an eye open for you though..... :goggleeyes:

Newportnobby

Thanks Ste,
Don't put too much effort in though, as there is really just a Kraftwerk track that I'm after, and the title of the track has been lost in the mists of time :-[

Dock Shunter

Quote from: newportnobby on February 10, 2014, 12:44:31 PM
Thanks Ste,
Don't put too much effort in though, as there is really just a Kraftwerk track that I'm after, and the title of the track has been lost in the mists of time :-[

There is no Kraftwerk track on that sampler Mick nor any other sampler from UK,Germany,US.....
To be honest mate i think i would be better off looking for the rocking horse s..t ....... :sorrysign: :D

scottmitchell74

3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits Thy Doom.  :headbang:
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Dock Shunter on February 10, 2014, 02:03:08 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on February 10, 2014, 12:44:31 PM
Thanks Ste,

There is no Kraftwerk track on that sampler Mick nor any other sampler from UK,Germany,US.....
To be honest mate i think i would be better off looking for the rocking horse s..t ....... :sorrysign: :D

Thanks for looking - I just wish I could recall the album name :'(

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations