No safety net! :jawdropping:

Dave G

railsquid

They're not circus cows  :thumbsup:

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: Bealman on July 12, 2015, 12:26:39 AM
The railings have gone but the coos are still there

Coos ?   ::)  Well, I suppose it is the 'clumsy thread'  :D
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Sprintex

Since George's layout is based on Beal in Northumberland, just ten miles from the Scottish border, I'm guessing "coos" was a deliberate spelling ;)

Paul

daveg

Quote from: railsquid on July 12, 2015, 08:51:52 AM
They're not circus cows  :thumbsup:

And how do you know that RS?

They may have been secretly trained and when you think about it, they are upside down!  :P

Dave G  :wave:

Bealman

Quote from: Sprintex on July 12, 2015, 09:06:57 AM
Since George's layout is based on Beal in Northumberland, just ten miles from the Scottish border, I'm guessing "coos" was a deliberate spelling ;)

Paul

Aye, quite reet, laddie, and no Dave, it's nowt to with them being trained or any gravitational effect of being down under.

They're super glued too  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Malc

Quote from: Sprintex on July 12, 2015, 09:06:57 AM

Paul
Isn't George's layout based on Castle Eden in County Durham as well. Famous for the Nimmos brewery. So it could be an alcohol related misspelling.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Malc you are correct... each section trying to capture a particular area.... an idea I got from Bruce Chubb's Sunset Valley layout in America, which I regard as a landmark layout much like Denny's Buckingham Branch in the UK.  :thumbsup:

Calnefoxile

When I rewired my old OO layout, which was a depot layout, I had 16 isolating sections and they were laid out like this:

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16

But when I did the control panel, I wired the switches thus:

1 5 9 13
2 6 10 14
3 7 11 15
4 8 12 16

And so was most surprised when I flicked isolating switch 2 on the panel, only to find the loco in position 5 started to move and then when I flicked switch 5, the loco in Position 2 moved....  ??? ???

Took me all of about 30 secs to go "Oh Ballcocks"  :doh: :doh: and then started to rewire the switches again....

regards

Neal.

Bealman

Malc

In a similar vein to Neal's post. I had someone wire up a 512 x 512 video router starting from bottom right, instead of top left. Took 2 days to get it put right.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

johnlambert

My latest clumsiness.  I was photographing my Dapol Dummy Class 121 (Green SYP) to sell it on Ebay.  I've got the un-opened bag of bits and an almost complete sheet of headcode stickers.  But I managed to drop the box, luckily without the unit inside but the sticker sheet has fluttered off somewhere and can't be found.  This is incredibly frustrating

>:(

Had another look - found it.

daveg

Quote from: Calnefoxile on July 12, 2015, 12:04:15 PM

When I rewired my old OO layout, which was a depot layout, I had 16 isolating sections and they were laid out like this:

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16

But when I did the control panel, I wired the switches thus:

1 5 9 13
2 6 10 14
3 7 11 15
4 8 12 16

And so was most surprised when I flicked isolating switch 2 on the panel, only to find the loco in position 5 started to move and then when I flicked switch 5, the loco in Position 2 moved....  ??? ???

Took me all of about 30 secs to go "Oh Ballcocks"  :doh: :doh: and then started to rewire the switches again....

regards

Neal.

Wish I was as organised as that!  :confused1:

Dave G

railsquid

And here's one I broke earlier  :D

Got out of the shop, rearranged my purchases, and snap! What I assumed was plastic was actually foam, and by the time I got it back home half-way round the world, it was in 4 or 5 pieces.

Newportnobby

:goggleeyes:
Looks like a piece (or 6) of Merkur walling, Squiddy :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations