What is the fastest N gauge multiple unit?

Started by Pengi, September 20, 2011, 07:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pengi

Which n scale multiple unit speeds round the track the fastest?
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

poliss

Fifer

Quote from: Pendy on September 20, 2011, 07:15:59 PM
Which n scale multiple unit speeds round the track the fastest?

I guess Why , would be my question?

Mike

:NGaugeForum:
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.
When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I wrote 'happy'.
They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."
-- John Lennon

Pengi

poliss

Model trains will go at a faster scale speed than the fastest TGV.

porkie

:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

4x2

Serious answer for you... Most of the Kato high speed units are happy flat out - Try the 'Nazoomi 500', looks fantastic !!!  :thumbsup:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Pete Mc

I've got two Farish 108 dmu's and both have a scale top speed of about 120 mph.
Not very prototypical I might add but I had to check out how fast they were didn't I?
All my loco's and dmu's go through the speed testing routine only so I know how far to turn up the controller.
Simples
Pete
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Fifer

Quote from: Pendy on September 20, 2011, 08:14:17 PM
I am a fan of modern fast trains.
I am sorry for my response. I should have realized you were a bullet train fan!!!

:beers:

Mike
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.
When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I wrote 'happy'.
They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."
-- John Lennon

SD35

Probably any failed unit rescued by a Lima 31.  You needed Scalextric crash barriers around your corners to stop that thing carrying on through the front door, down the street and into town.

Fratton

Kato have released double track super elevated turns for their set track system they might help to keep a fast running unit on track,,
Charlie.

Pengi

This is the first test running of Eurostar and 2 Voyagers sashaying through the curves at max speed on Kato super elevated track. Track took 10 mins to put together. Trains took 30 mins to put together! The foam board has not been secured and the Unijoiners look at bit naff from these angles. Eurostar has been running for 30 mins at max speed and not derailed once. Ok - so this is not prototypical, but it is good fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYsQdR8u3RM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLWObh-tdRA

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations