Magazines

Started by galway, June 23, 2011, 06:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oreamnos

Personally, I genuinely like the magazines very much indeed, and subscribe to both RM and MR (along with the NGS) print editions even though the combined annual cost for me overseas is quite high - almost the cost of a couple of new locos now.  I find them entertaining, informative,  inspirational, and well worth the cost, even while I now find new models are priced so dear that I have had to resort to looking for bargains or buying used stock!

I look forward to the review of new items, too, and on more than one occasion magazine  reviews have influenced my decision to buy (or not buy) an item.

To be candid, at this my point in life (almost 50, mid-career, with a wife and daughter), I really don't have a lot of time for modelling.  I do a little here and there and am Secretary of my local modular club, but my priorities are really elsewhere.  Reading the magazines (and the NGS Journal) help me feel like I'm still a part of the hobby and engaged in it.

Matt

longbridge

As stated previously I do not buy Model Railway Magazines I do however read Model Railway Express online which pretty much keeps me up to date on what is going on with the British mode railway scene, I also enjoy the input from ordinary modellers, the only other mag I read is also online which is Model Railroad Hobbyist from the USA, full of information regarding American modelling including plenty of tips and tricks, IMO we never stop learning with our hobby and I personally get a lot more out of free online mags than I ever did with hard copy, no I am not to tight to buy mags but I do appreciate my own style of what I expect from them.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations