Great results for RevolutioN Trains

Started by Mustermark, January 25, 2019, 01:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustermark

The BRM awards results for N Gauge came in with a great result for RevolutioN...

N Gauge Manufacturer of the Year!

Congratulations guys!

Great results in the model categories too.
The N gauge hobby is so much richer for all your hard work.

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/brm/information/british-model-railway-awards-2019-results?utm_source=Communicator&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=buttonLink172&utm_campaign=BRM+Express+%E2%80%93+Bachmann+2019+Product+Announcements&_ccCt=MxsmjgFkZgEDHywBoVJhCTwQcbVdC735hlrU17_C22VpyKjUfi9LQe~gqpRqXqVn

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

crewearpley40

from everybody on the forum

our warmest congratulations, i did put a notice up about the poll seen in model rail. well done to all concerned

njee20

Close run on the Pendolino too. Is that more votes than unique customer purchases...?

Bob Tidbury

Well done to Ben and Mike I voted for Revolution as top manufacturer and to me it was a tossup between The Pendolino or 68  for best loco which in my opinion wasn't a fair choice as the Pendolino is a full train not a loco in actual fact it's an E M U .
Bob Tidbury

Ben A

Hello all,

Thanks for the kind words.  Seems crazy that two guys working in their spare time can get manufacturer of the year. But delighted and very proud, and a big thank-you to all who voted for - and bought! - our models.

I am a tiny bit disappointed that the Pendolino got silver, not gold, for Rapido's sake as they did such a sensational job on it, but to be fair the Dapol 68 is a wonderful model too.

I personally think that the coaches and wagons should have categories of their own, since wagons are inherently less glamorous than coaching stock to a lot of people. Though not to us, I hasten to add, anyone who knows Mike or me knows we are total wagonphiles!

cheers

Ben A.

njee20

Thoroughly well deserved!

The world needs more wagonophiles, particularly those at the helm of companies! I look forward to sharing in your future endeavours!

Bob G

I mean to say, who cares how many compartments there are in a brake third. Four or six? Well yes it matters, but it still was the same chassis, so I think that's a poor share of the vote for a chassis and coach concept designed at least five years earlier.

But a see through chassis on a tank wagon, and its still the heaviest wagon ever made in N. And flashing brake lights on an otherwise dull box...woah! Perrier!
Well done guys for Manufacturer of the year. I think you managed to part me of more hobby money than any other manufacturer last year, so that makes some sense award wise.

And I didnt even buy a Pendolino.

Bob

Bealman

Bring on the wagonphiles! Those B tankers are so good I'm happy just looking at them in their boxes!  ;D

Well done, Ben and Mike.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

congratulations guys, excellent results and as you say for 2 guys doing it in their spare time an even more incredible result.

Will have to be the Class 92's and KFA for this year.

cheers
Graham

exmouthcraig

:claphappy:
🎉🎊 MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS BEN & MIKE🎊🎉

I have some (still want more) class B tanks and My oh My what wonderful replicas they are.

I'm shocked they didn't beat the dapol maunsell coach, I own them as well but can't see why you'd loose out to that, hopefully they'll listen and enter wagons in sub categories this year.

Attention to detail clearly pays, and yes that's reflected in the end cost BUT I've yet to read 20 pages of complaints about RevoloutioN, if only they'd built the 142 pacer  :uneasy:

Roll on the delivery of your Sturgeons, as yet nothing else on your development table for me but fingers crossed  something will be coming soon.

A win like this should hopefully shock the other 2 to sort their ideas out and realise how good it can be.

Well done chaps  :beers:

Newportnobby

Having got some class B tanks, Sturgeons on order and waiting to be able to order Chemflos I may come under wagonphile, but I also have a Poppylino and am waiting to order the class 56xx* and the class 128 so, yes, I have ordered more with Revolution than 'the other two' lately but it happens to be transition era in the main and that's where my interests lie.

*Dunno whether this will be ordered through RevolutioN or Sonic yet :hmmm:

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Ben A on January 26, 2019, 10:35:55 PM
Hello all,

Thanks for the kind words.  Seems crazy that two guys working in their spare time can get manufacturer of the year. But delighted and very proud, and a big thank-you to all who voted for - and bought! - our models.

I am a tiny bit disappointed that the Pendolino got silver, not gold, for Rapido's sake as they did such a sensational job on it, but to be fair the Dapol 68 is a wonderful model too.

I personally think that the coaches and wagons should have categories of their own, since wagons are inherently less glamorous than coaching stock to a lot of people. Though not to us, I hasten to add, anyone who knows Mike or me knows we are total wagonphiles!

cheers

Ben A.

Congratulations, well deserved.

As an observation a shop sold model will get more share of mind than a crowdfunded model simply because of its continuous presence and the ease it can be examined by non owners etc.

So on that basis roll on the 56XX  :)

Merrylee

Yes big well done to you guys.

Agree on wagon/ coach category being split.

Yes also agree the 68 is a very good model (140mm buffer to buffer), I do think to caterogrise it with the pendolino, which to me a lot more research/ detail would go into. (5 car 830mm, 9 car 1470mm to 11 car 1790mm) to get it right from cab end to cab end is a touch unfair.

Maybe the multiple units should have there own category as well.

Ron, just an n gaugephile.

Steven B

Different sections for Multiple units and wagons would be nice but the trouble is we're not getting enough new releases to warrant seperate sections for Multiple units and to split rolling stock into separate sections for Coaches and wagons.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations