how much £££ does this hobby owe you....

Started by matt-b, June 15, 2011, 07:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darren.c

my n gauge collection of locos and rolling stock started in april this year so far i have 30 locos 20 coaches
8 dmus and about 50 wagons  thats with out my 00 stock .when parcels turn up on the door step all i here is a tut and what have you bought now .
daz

Newportnobby

Quote from: darren.c on October 11, 2011, 09:31:57 PM
.when parcels turn up on the door step all i here is a tut and what have you bought now .
daz

Could be a lot worse, Daz!

Sithlord75

Two parcels turned up today and not a tut, not a bat, nor a sigh.  So I checked PayPal and found she has been buying scrapbooking supplies... ::)
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

longbridge

I Shudder to think what I have spent on this hobby since the 1990s but if SWMBO knew she has her grounds for a divorce ;D ;D ;D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Sprintex

I agree with those that have already said that it doesn't owe me anything - the enjoyment I get out of it, and indeed the cars that are my other hobby, is worth every penny!  :)

I have kept a detailed record of everything spent on the layout so far, but more for insurance purposes than anything else, and currently it's at about £4k. A few more bits of rolling stock to get but most of the expenditure will be scenery stuff now which is relatively cheap compared to trains, controllers, etc.

If I added up what has been spent on our various cars, and also what is likely to be spent in the next couple of years, I'd probably freak  :o , but again it's a hobby and the satisfaction it gives Clare and I is well worth the money. What else would we spend it on? Could have fancy holidays but then after a fortnight there's nothing to show for it apart from some sunburn  ;D At least this way we can SEE where our money has gone and hopefully continue to enjoy it for years to come  :)

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations