Dapol, Your chance to tell them what you'd like them to make

Started by scruff, April 15, 2011, 10:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Padre

A parallel boiler Patriot, Stanier mogul, Fowler, Stanier, or Fairburn tank loco. 

Newportnobby

Hi Alan, I have the Farish Class 14 weathered (overdone I think) and yes, would love a D600 but really don't think anyone would tool up for such a small class even though the demand is out there. I have a concern that Farish and Dapol seem to get into a contest every now and then rather than give us what we want. For instance, the Farish Western is passable but Dapol are going to bring one out. No doubt it will be more detailed than the Farish item, but we also had the issue of the 9F which, in the end, Farish dropped due to the Dapol version being released. Not having an airbrush and being fairly cack-handed, I would like to see more weathered versions of anything coming to the market place. With the ever increasing cost of our hobby, I tend to run everything as it comes out of the box so that, if necessary, I can re-box it and sell it as bought (albeit with some mileage on the clock). Bright paintwork isn't prototypical but allows me to sell off unwanted items rather than hope someone will like my feeble attempts at weathering.

painbrook

I'm with Irish Padre re parallel boilers  8) . Cheers john .

longbridge

I would be happy to see any small tank or tender loco released as there is very little to choose from, most of the express locos have been done to death, I guess thats what people want and the same situation exists with OO gauge, maybe a J52 or N2 would be nice.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Sailor Charon

I thought we weren't supposed to be wishlisting? :)
But if we can, well, I'd like a 3F and a 4F. Or maybe a Dean Goods. Or maybe a Jxx [I have to admit that LNER 0-6-0 tender locos are something I know almost nothing about]
I'd also like to see a P1 and an LMS Garratt, as well as a 47xx, and maybe an S160 or S200, or indeed any beefy goods locos...
I just keep trying to get a little better
Said a little better than before

D306Whistler

I wonder if there is any Irish GM Class 201's availible in N gauge? If not, I would love to see Murphy Models/Dapol make one in N gauge ;).
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

EtchedPixels

As a 3D print from valve design

http://www.shapeways.com/model/53266/ie_class_201_locomotive_n_scale.html?gid=mg

Might be worth asking if they know if it'll work in the new Ultra detail material as well.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

moogle

Quote from: EtchedPixels on June 06, 2011, 10:00:30 AM
As a 3D print from valve design

http://www.shapeways.com/model/53266/ie_class_201_locomotive_n_scale.html?gid=mg

Might be worth asking if they know if it'll work in the new Ultra detail material as well.

As the minimum detail and wall thicknesses for 'white, strong and flexible' are greater than 'Ultra Frosted Detail' it should be possible.
Email Jack at Valvedesign and ask, you never know!
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

D306Whistler

Well guys,

I've ordered a GM Class 201 bodyshell for the project, so I will let you all know how I get on. As its default grey, I will paint it into NIR livery or the orange CIE livery ;). Just need to get a Dapol Dummy Class 66 that I will rip apart for parts as I am going to need glazing, buffers plus I will need some car primer and car paint for the shell? If successful, I will probably build a fleet of them for my layout ;)

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: D306Whistler on June 06, 2011, 03:55:16 PM
Well guys,

I've ordered a GM Class 201 bodyshell for the project, so I will let you all know how I get on. As its default grey, I will paint it into NIR livery or the orange CIE livery ;). Just need to get a Dapol Dummy Class 66 that I will rip apart for parts as I am going to need glazing, buffers plus I will need some car primer and car paint for the shell? If successful, I will probably build a fleet of them for my layout ;)

Right now they are flogging misprinted ones off direct from Dapol.com for £15 and I guess you don't care about misaligned digits on the bodyshell right ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

D306Whistler

EtchedPixels: You have completely lost me. As when I buy my trains, if they look right I will buy them regardless of a minor error or two ;).

cudders

Just remembered..

Why is there no proper LMS or LNER suburban stock??? It's as if these companies never made any!! All we get is BR types and after years of bad Farish attempts, and the reasonable Minitirix Teaks, we finally got the superb Gresleys in Teak and of course the superb Staniers by Farish so main line is looking good.

Please can we have some suburbans!!!!!

Cudders
Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

EtchedPixels

Quote from: cudders on June 08, 2011, 07:33:06 PM
Just remembered..

Why is there no proper LMS or LNER suburban stock??? It's as if these companies never made any!! All we get is BR types and after years of bad Farish attempts, and the reasonable Minitirix Teaks, we finally got the superb Gresleys in Teak and of course the superb Staniers by Farish so main line is looking good.

Please can we have some suburbans!!!!!

Cudders

The Farish generic suburban in LMS with a roof swap is actually pretty decent if a couple of scale feet two long, othewise there are printed side kits for LMS suburban stock and etched kits for LMS, LNER Thompson and I think Chris Higgs (Masterclass) did 51' Gresley stock as well and is currently doing Quad-Art etches if you are really determined! -  Farish of course have done the 57' Mark 1 suburbans (but not grrr in blue)

The other problem with many suburbans is a bit less obvious, they tend to be flat ended and short so really need a close coupling system if being used on sharp curves or they tend to look a bit odd.

IMHO given the very limited range of pregroup SR stock, and the complete lack of Dean era GWR coaches the LMS folks have it *easy* on suburban stock 8)

painbrook

Being 'ham fisted' I'm still with 'cudders' . Cheers john .

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations