NGF Mobile

Started by guest2, June 18, 2012, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pengi

I'm pleased with it too
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Newportnobby

My sister has helped me into the 21st century so I'm looking forward to using this app on my new iPad

upnick

Quote from: Illori on June 18, 2012, 08:51:06 PM
Quote from: upnick on June 18, 2012, 08:47:27 PM
Lot better than   scrolling  &  zooming in & out on ther phones screen although unless i've missed it   

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
Show own posts. Show own topics.

Doesnt appear as on the main site page  is this something that will  or could apear at a later date on the mobile  version of the site ?   

if you click the image on the top left it will show you the menu where you can select several of those. it looks like a circle with a grid in it.

Thank  you illori   got it now   :thumbsup:

Sprintex

Just by chance I've upgraded my Blackberry Curve to a Bold 9790 today ;D

(don't do these humungous touch-screen thingies - I'd be forever cleaning the finger-marks off the screen  :smiley-laughing: )

Had a nosey at the new mobile format - cool  8)

Paul

K-N-Gauge

Model-Railway-2013

Duncan83

Love it and easy to use makes my mornings go quicker at work  :computersmile:

Malc

Obviously the mobile version is a cut down version and IMHO it has been well done. I have found most things, but can't find how to give a "thank you". Is it well hidden?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Illori

that mod is not available with the mobile theme along with several of the other mods that are installed on the forum. if you wish to thank someone you will need to use the full theme.

Bealman

Hi
Is the new mobile format only for Android phones? It doesn't work on mine. I can only get the standard version on my Nokia E71 and of course I have to scroll sideways, backways, etcways to read it. That's fine, I'm used to doing it, but the new mobile-friendly version would be nice.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Calnefoxile

That happened to me as well and I have an Android Samsung Galaxy Ace. But if you scroll to the bottom of the front page, and press the word 'mobile' it'll take you to the mobile site.

Cheers

Neal

Tank

Yes, most phones will auto-switch to the mobile version, but as Neal says, some users may have to click the 'mobile' button on the bottom of the forum.

Bealman

Ok guys, I've just done that. (That very second!) At first I was thinking 'still no go' But I think it is working. It doesn't look like the picture, that's all. Hang on... hey realtime commentary here.... yeah, I think it is working. The heading says "NGF mobile" and when I click on a topic or reply it is coming up with readable - without - scanning - sideways stuff. Cool! I think the problem is my outdated phone, but I like the 'real' keyboard.

Well done fellas... this forum gets better & better.

By the way, those iPhones and the rest of them have SMD accelerometers in 'em! Hence you can flip 'em around, etc. A Physics teacher I know recently wrote an article about taking kids to the amusement park and getting them on a rollercoaster to use the accelerometer on their phones to determine the value of g!!

Makes one wonder if you can actually ring anyone up on these things. Ah well, one of these days I might get excited about DCC..... ;D

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Jamesukusa

Thank you very much for doing this, it's great to know that the management listen.

Works a treat on my iPad and my Android phone... again thank you.

James
British Expat in California having a go at a British "Modern Image" layout in N.

Calnefoxile

Techie Team,

I've deliberately left it a few days before commenting on the Mobile site, just to see how it settles in, but I have to say it's very good.

Only criticism is about the block blue colours. Can I suggest that the Topic only be blocked in when an update to that Topic has been made??

And thats about it really, everything else is pretty straight forward, although I had to read the posts on here to find the 'Show Unread Posts' link was, as I was getting a bit frustrated trying to find it and really throwing my toys out the pram, moaning about the site  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: but now I know where it is, everything is cool again  ;D ;D

Cheers

Neal.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations