More image loading woes

Started by Steven B, March 05, 2024, 09:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven B

I'm having trouble finding the load image to gallery button when replying to a thread (or creating a new one).

Posting photos is clunky, but I know how to do it - I've done it many, many times. I've done it directly to the gallery and whilst creating a new post.

I'm sure there used to be a "load image to gallery" button but I can't find it.

What I have found is that clicking the "NOTE: If you want to add an image to the gallery please use [REPLY] button instead" text you get the pop-up window allowing you to upload an image. Brilliant, but why is the text unrelated to the function?

Can the button (was there ever one?) be restored? Can the "Note:" text be changed to match what happens when you click on it?

Steven B

ntpntpntp

I don't recall there being a button.  The "Note..." link was added after the forum update lost the original link which sat just above the text entry box. I agree it's not the best wording (it's been mentioned before).

To be honest I don't use that method very much now (I used to use it all the time).  I've switched to using "Add Picture" from the Gallery panels and copying the BB code into the post.  Just as easy.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Tank

Do you mean the icon that was above the Smilies, that used to be there?  I did ask our Tech to install it, but there was a problem that I can't remember right now.  I'll ask again.

I agree, the "NOTE: If you want to add an image to the gallery please use [REPLY] button instead" is just hideous and very unprofessional looking.  I'm stuck with there not being a decent gallery available for the forum.  I had hoped it would have been available some weeks after our upgrade, but it doesn't seem to be happening.  I'll speak to our Tech to see if he can get rid of the above.

Bealman

And change the name back to albums.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations