Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: daveg on March 08, 2013, 04:49:52 PM
ERNIE came up with £50 with my name on so I took all of 30 seconds to pop an order online for a selection of wagons.  :claphappy:

WISE thing to do..............................................................I'll get me cloak :doh:

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on March 08, 2013, 09:37:07 PM
Quote from: daveg on March 08, 2013, 04:49:52 PM
ERNIE came up with £50 with my name on so I took all of 30 seconds to pop an order online for a selection of wagons.  :claphappy:

WISE thing to do..............................................................I'll get me cloak :doh:

Get out of that!  You can't, can you? :nerner:

Lawrence

The tooth previously referred to in the angry thread has now been (eventually) removed  :D it only took 4 injections and 6 or 7 minutes of manipulation to remove it  :o but at least it has now gone.  The anesthetic hasn't worn off yet so fingers crossed  ::)

scotsoft

In the meantime you will be one of Scotlands best dribblers  :P

Seriously I hope when it all wears off it is not too bad  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

daveg

Ugh! Poor bloke; my sympathies.

As the Novacaine (or whatever) wears off, try something nicer tasting and a natural anaesthetic out of a bottle.
  :pint:

Snowing here. At least 30mm. No :-X trains tomorrow then!!

Dave G

Lawrence

Had a fair bit of snow overnight Dave, took me 30 mins to do the 7 and a bit miles because everyone was doing stupid slow speeds  ::)  :D  Actually the hardest bit was getting out of the village  :confused1:
Dentists orders, no alcohol for at least 24 hours  :(

Bikeracer

Quote from: Lawrence on March 11, 2013, 04:39:48 PM
  The anesthetic hasn't worn off yet so fingers crossed  ::)

Why have your fingers been anesthetised,I thought it was a tooth that was the problem. :P

Allan

I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

daveg

OK, when I left the house to go to the station to pick up significant other there was 2 inches of snow, maybe 3.

I got 100 yards down the lane to the main road into Sevenoaks. Gridlock up the hill and down, too. Decided to text n say 'please walk the mile home' and do a U turn.

Lady in front decides she has total right of way and blocks both carriageways as she is stuck at 90 degrees to the rest of the traffic.

20 minutes later I'm back home having done all of 200 yards. No gritters anywhere.

Hoorah for Kent CC and the Sevenoaks traffic teams! Another own goal!

Dave G

Shame about the booze ban Lawrence. Make up for it tomorrow!

Dave G

Lawrence

Quote from: newportnobby on March 11, 2013, 08:34:43 PM
Quote from: Lawrence on March 11, 2013, 04:39:48 PM
The anesthetic hasn't worn off yet so fingers crossed  ::)

Will Della notice? :P

Anesthetic has worn off, this may move to the angry thread soon  :(

Matthew-peter

Have finally started volunteering at the local oxfam books so am a happy bunny.
Not only that but I may hopefully win a dapol autocoach soon from ebay, need one and will be my first dapol item for the layout.
OK who took my cake?

daveg

Well done that man!

I'm a great fan of Oxfam bookshops and the one in Sevenoaks is visited at least once a week. Have found a few nice loco books there. I also get some 78RPM records from time to time.

The Dapol autocoach is a nice model. I have a pair and they look very nice with my little 57xx. Good luck with your bid.

Dave G

Matthew-peter

Quote from: daveg on March 13, 2013, 06:33:48 PM
Well done that man!

I'm a great fan of Oxfam bookshops and the one in Sevenoaks is visited at least once a week. Have found a few nice loco books there. I also get some 78RPM records from time to time.
We got some good railway books in the other day and since I took interest they have put me on transport book duty, although missed out as someone bought one I wanted haha
The Dapol autocoach is a nice model. I have a pair and they look very nice with my little 57xx. Good luck with your bid.
Have bid on two on ebay, so you never know, i may win a pair of them haha. although if I do I shall be repainting one me thinks as both in crim/cream.

Dave G
OK who took my cake?

H

The Lions roar.

Millwall are through to the semi finals at Wem-ber-ley.  :claphappy:

Great stuff.

H.

Caz

Even better, Malaga are through to the quarter finals of the Champions League.   :claphappy:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82%