The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest10040

censored DVLA  :veryangry:

my daughter applied last august to renew her driving licence, with a change of address, so she had to send a cheque with the payment.

yesterday she received a  letter from DVLA dated 28th April, postmarked 4th May, advising her that as her cheque was no longer valid due to it's date she needed to send a new payment within 10 days.

slight problem, the returned cheque had DVLA date stamps on the back for 15th oct 2021, 01 feb 2022, and 02 feb 2022,

"if you have any queries do not hesitate to contact me on the above telephone number"

unfortunately, when you ring it it cuts off straight away, and on a mobile to get the message 'no response'.

so it looks as though they are even more useless than the passport office.

and of course she can't get a cheque to them within the 10 days quoted in the letter, because it sat for several days in their post room before someone could be bothered to actually frank it  :veryangry:

looks like HB is going to get a second walk while I try to calm down before round 2 with DVLA.

guest10040

oh, and don't start me on the use of Covid as an excuse for poor service, it's not a problem, the governments says so, while of course using it on it's own sites as an excuse.

dannyboy

Can your daughter not drive to the DVLA with a new cheque? That way she can get it there within the 10 days. Oh, hang on ........ maybe not, as she needs a driving licence to drive a car.  :hmmm:

It's almost laughable.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest10040

I've already got away with an almost political comment, so I'll leave it at that.

by the way, HB caught a mouse  :thumbsup:

then dropped it when it started wriggling  :thumbsdown:

back to Tesco for dog food by the look of it  :*(

guest10040

Quote from: dannyboy on May 06, 2022, 02:05:48 PM
Can your daughter not drive to the DVLA with a new cheque? That way she can get it there within the 10 days. Oh, hang on ........ maybe not, as she needs a driving licence to drive a car.  :hmmm:

It's almost laughable.

and possibly a passport to get into Wales  :*(

Newportnobby

Owing to people using WFH (work from home for anyone wondering) many gents outfitters have ceased selling suits. Yesterday I drove around using valuable expensive fuel trying to source one as I have a solemn occasion next Tuesday to attend. I ended up with trews and a sports jacket.
If I'd started the search earlier maybe I could have gone online but I hadn't realised just how big my boobs and belly had got :o :-[

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 06, 2022, 04:55:10 PM
Owing to people using WFH (work from home for anyone wondering) many gents outfitters have ceased selling suits. Yesterday I drove around using valuable expensive fuel trying to source one as I have a solemn occasion next Tuesday to attend. I ended up with trews and a sports jacket.
If I'd started the search earlier maybe I could have gone online but I hadn't realised just how big my boobs and belly had got :o :-[

Ah, the old 'moobs' problem,...

...and the 'six pack' 'party barrel'.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

guest10040

actually managed to get to a 'bot' ???? which when I mentioned 'complaint' put me on a queue at 4:26:42

surprise, still waiting at 16:59

what is it with these government departments ?

obviously not fit for purpose, and the usual
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are busier than usual and we apologise for any delay this has caused. We will answer your query as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

as if they actually care :censored:

flask filled, and lunch box, as we know where I'm going to be going  :*(

Newportnobby

Quote from: emjaybee on May 06, 2022, 04:57:35 PM

At least I can gaze upon it and think "All my own work" :laugh:

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 06, 2022, 05:11:05 PM

Not so much Rembrandt,...

...more, Picasso?
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

TrevL

I thought they were called  "Party Sevens".  That's why you look "odd" Mick :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Newportnobby

Quote from: emjaybee on May 06, 2022, 05:18:25 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on May 06, 2022, 05:11:05 PM

Not so much Rembrandt,...

...more, Picasso?

Nah - I struggle to reach that bit

Quote from: TrevL on May 06, 2022, 06:16:05 PM
I thought they were called  "Party Sevens".  That's why you look "odd" Mick :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

It's OK for you, Trev. I've seen more fat on a butcher's pencil!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 24, 2022, 02:29:31 PM
Surprise, surprise - I had an e mail from my power supplier telling me prices would be rising.
Gasp. Horror. Shock! Probe!
I've been living under a rock for the past year and didn't know this ::)
I tried to call them but I guess whoever was working from home that day had gone out, so I mailed them a reply today...........

Hi,
I tried to phone yesterday and that was an exercise in futility as after 21 minutes listening to the twanging music I threw the phone at the wall and retired to a mental institution.
I have changed my monthly DD to £85 as I expected prices to rise and will keep an eye on things.
Please don't bang on to me about smart meters. I have had your smart meters for about 4 years or so now and it was you, E.ON, who informed me they were no longer compatible with your new 'Next' systems. You asked if I wanted smart meters and when I replied "Yes" you told me they were not available yet.
Maybe you'd like to give me an update on that situation.
Yours unhappily

Every mail I get from EON tells me to get a meter reading but I've been telling them the meters are just blank so I can't get a reading. After the latest epistle from them on Monday I shouted back at them i.e. used BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS IN LARGE CASE.
Lo and behold I had a reply telling me exactly how I can get a reading by pressing 6 four times and the first number that gets displayed is the meter reading. If you miss it, you have to wait for all sorts of ordure to scroll past until it comes round again.
If only someone who knows what they're doing had told me this over a year ago ::)

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 06, 2022, 10:19:20 PM
If only someone who knows what they're doing had told me this over a year ago ::)

If you had asked me a year ago.............................  ::)
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

stevewalker

I've been with EON since October and November (gas and electric were with two different companies that failed). They keep asking me to have Smart meters installed and even that I have to have them as I have agreed to do so on the tariffs I am now on - except that they apparently still don't have a way to merge the two separate accounts that they have created and I cannot have Smart meters installed until they have done so!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations