The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: RailGooner on June 16, 2019, 12:35:12 PM
Quote from: stevewalker on June 16, 2019, 11:50:22 AM
Quote from: RailGooner on June 16, 2019, 11:25:04 AM
Maybe fun if you've got them all. It took me an embarrassingly long time to get 'Winston Woolfe' :-[ and I'm still stumped by 'a long winded epic story'! The frustration is making me a little angry. >:(

Saga?

:doh: :smackedface:

>:D >:D ;)
So far I have spotted the following cryptic ones:-
Admiral
Churchill
Compare the Market
Go Compare
LVA
Direct Line

(Note I did say 'so far')

broadsword

PS the Winstone  Woolfe ads are quite entertaining, just waiting for Harvey Keitel
to shoot someone when they say they'll use Aviva instead. Regarding celebs in
tv ads the Kevin Bacon EE is are awful as are the Harry Redknapp bookie and
the Alan Marshtit funeral plan ads. , plus anything with Ant and Dec, Claudia
Winklepicker and beardies flogging razors.

broadsword

How about Prince doing a Purple Bricks ad.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: broadsword on June 16, 2019, 01:01:56 PM
PS the Winstone  Woolfe ads are quite entertaining, just waiting for Harvey Keitel
to shoot someone when they say they'll use Aviva instead. Regrading celebs in

Oooohhh don't get our house started on the Ant of Ant and Dec...isn't it amazing how quickly you can be forgiven for something that (rightly) would in all probability cost a normal person their job and cause serious financial issues?

:veryangry:

Skyline2uk

RailGooner

Quote from: Skyline2uk on June 16, 2019, 01:04:51 PM
Quote from: broadsword on June 16, 2019, 01:01:56 PM
to shoot someone when they say they'll use Aviva instead. Regrading celebs in

Oooohhh don’t get our house started on the Ant of Ant and Dec...isn’t it amazing how quickly you can be forgiven for something that (rightly) would in all probability cost a normal person their job and cause serious financial issues?

:veryangry:

Skyline2uk

I don't recall seeing Ant or Dec in any ads before Ant's drink-driving crash brouhaha. Now I suppose Ant's price has fallen such that agencies can afford to book him, and he needs to be seen so as to raise his profile again.

Yet_Another

Re. cryptic clues; as well as the angry thread, do we also need 'a cross' thread?
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

broadsword

Or a stripped thread, for engineers not people who remove their clothing.

tutenkhamunsleeping

joe cassidy

I still fondly remember the Alliance & Leicester building society ads with Hugh Laurie & Stephen Fry.

Malc

There was a cartoon ad in the 60s with some guy leaning over the wall of a circular tower and knocking the side saying, "Strong stuff, this insurance". No idea as to the company concerned, but the punchline stuck in my mind.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

joe cassidy

Quote from: Malc on June 16, 2019, 05:06:12 PM
There was a cartoon ad in the 60s with some guy leaning over the wall of a circular tower and knocking the side saying, "Strong stuff, this insurance". No idea as to the company concerned, but the punchline stuck in my mind.

I remember that Malc.

The catchphrase was "get the strength of "name of insurance company that you and I have forgot" around you.

RailGooner

The (Virgin TV) guide and Eurosport 1HD channel info, tell me I'm watching 'Critérium du Dauphiné Cycling' but my eyes and the commentary tell me I'm watching the Tour of Switzerland! :censored: :veryangry:

daveg

Quote from: Malc on June 16, 2019, 05:06:12 PM

Something like this, @Malc?

http://www.turnipnet.com/tv/insurance.ram

I think I'm getting old!  :doh:

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: RailGooner on June 16, 2019, 11:10:50 PM
The (Virgin TV) guide and Eurosport 1HD channel info, tell me I'm watching 'Critérium du Dauphiné Cycling' but my eyes and the commentary tell me I'm watching the Tour of Switzerland! :censored: :veryangry:

The C du D did end up in Switzerland, which struck me as strange to have 2 tours on in Switzerland at the same time (although the Dauphiné was finishing)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations