Graham Farish 2019

Started by guest2, January 14, 2019, 12:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_death

Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 14, 2019, 03:47:43 PM
Mike, do you think these wagons make the possibility of Farish doing the original National Power JMAs (with correct bogies) more likely if, say, a certain manufacture beginning with D was ever to do a 59/2?

I'd be really impressed with an LTF 25 bogie in N - it is difficult enough in OO! They are inside bearing with quite a lot of interior detail and I guess would be really fragile in N - I suspect that is the biggest barrier to doing them in N. Incidentally the LTF 25 bogie on the JMA is slightly different to that on the ARC JHA IIRC.

I already have a 59/2 in NP livery a SH CJM model from a Ebay ;-)

Cheers Mike

njee20

To be fair, the mk5 coach would be a whole new tooling, whilst JMAs would just need some LTF bogies under the HKAs. They've got the basics of an inside-frame bogie on the 220, and if you do the LTF25 you can also do the JHA, as I said above, which if a 59 were forthcoming would seem to be a very nice addition.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised - may as well make the tooling work for them, perhaps next year once the future of the 59 is a little less rocky. We've seen two manufacturers release NP 59s without anything for them to run with, be a shame for Farish to do the reverse!

Edit: cross posted with Mike, didn't realise the JHA and JMA had different LTF-25s! Sure you're right about the fragility of them being an issue in N, but I'm sure it could be done! Suspect you've seen Lyneux's 3D printed ones under his JHAs on RMWeb - they looked great.

Dorsetmike

QuoteA little bit for everyone,

Not so; the only items I can see for 1930s SR are brake vans and PLV/Bogie B which I already have enough of.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Skyline2uk

Quote from: red_death on January 14, 2019, 03:58:01 PM
Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 14, 2019, 03:47:43 PM
Mike, do you think these wagons make the possibility of Farish doing the original National Power JMAs (with correct bogies) more likely if, say, a certain manufacture beginning with D was ever to do a 59/2?

I'd be really impressed with an LTF 25 bogie in N - it is difficult enough in OO! They are inside bearing with quite a lot of interior detail and I guess would be really fragile in N - I suspect that is the biggest barrier to doing them in N. Incidentally the LTF 25 bogie on the JMA is slightly different to that on the ARC JHA IIRC.

I already have a 59/2 in NP livery a SH CJM model from a Ebay ;-)

Cheers Mike

Thanks for the response Mike

Personally I would have been happy if I could find some of the Farish models that were done for CJM, but now it's been pointed out to me they technically had the wrong bogies my OCD is twitching  :D

That said, and given your detailed answer, I would settle for a "representation" of the LTF bogie  ;)

Skyline2uk

njee20

I don't doubt you can get close - they're very distinctive though, it certainly offended my sensibilities on the CJM ones! I was looking at his site last night though and I couldn't help but notice they were only £25 each. I imagine these will be nearly double that!

Skyline2uk

Quote from: njee20 on January 14, 2019, 04:28:11 PM
I don't doubt you can get close - they're very distinctive though, it certainly offended my sensibilities on the CJM ones! I was looking at his site last night though and I couldn't help but notice they were only £25 each. I imagine these will be nearly double that!

Agreed  :'(

Skyline2uk

Paul-H

Looks like only the Class 14 for me, but then again these will be a good 3 to 4 years away from actually going on sale so plenty of time to save up

I wonder why Farish/Bachmann have to do this when Hornby can list their new models only months before they hit the shops, how long have we been waiting for the new 8F now and still no indication of when its going to be available, for those of use less well of it does make budgeting quite difficult  :-[

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Dr Al

One thing not to miss is Bachmann's new 009 range. Whilst not 1:148, these are 9mm track models, and as such their chassis may be of great interest to us for various uses, kit builds, scratchbuilds, mods etc.

One to watch with interest.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

njee20

Quote from: Paul-H on January 14, 2019, 05:08:02 PM
Looks like only the Class 14 for me, but then again these will be a good 3 to 4 years away from actually going on sale so plenty of time to save up

I wonder why Farish/Bachmann have to do this when Hornby can list their new models only months before they hit the shops, how long have we been waiting for the new 8F now and still no indication of when its going to be available, for those of use less well of it does make budgeting quite difficult  :-[

To be fair that's pure speculation and they're generally much quicker at getting models out that are just a renumber or relivery, unsurprisingly It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for items with a 'new' chassis.

Having more time should make budgeting easier - set the money aside and buy when it's released. More months means more time to save up.

Paddy

Only had a quick glance but it looks like a good year for Graham Farish.  Personally rather excited about:

371-289 Class 55 'Deltic' D9001 'St. Paddy' BR Two-Tone Green (Full Yellow Ends) - weathered

374-892 LMS Stanier 50ft Full Brake Tartan Arrow

Happy days!

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

D9020 Nimbus

I'm surprised to see a sound fitted class 14. Having failed at producing a J72, I find it hard to believe that they can pull this off; I'm pretty sure this would be the smallest sound fitted loco in N—the Minitrix DB 211 and Atlas Alco S2 are both larger.

And it's time they ditched the unprototypical red connecting rods on the 14 too.

gc4946

I've spent more time looking through the list especially on reliveries.

I noticed it's now possible to model a rail blue parcels formation using grouping era vehicles.
It appears that no 3-car class 101s are being planned (is it now too expensive to offer a centre car?)

I'm glad that the Voyager is being re-run although I'd shudder at its price when they reach the shops.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Portpatrick

Well at a pinch I might be tempted by a Class 40 in green with the 2 box indicators.   And could be by a Peak in that format if it appeared.   I would be more tempted by the green and cream WHL pair if the TSO was also available separately so I could make something approaching a decent rake.  Or did they actually run in Break and full open pairs?  Though for Allanbrae I would prefer the current Jacobite livery - it was dark red when I rode it in 2003.  So I will probably pass on those and also the rest.  Got more wagons than I need for both layouts already!

Shropshire Lad

Quote from: Chris Morris on January 14, 2019, 01:35:23 PM
They are obviously making a good profit on sound equipped locos. The whole announcement is a bit of a yawn. Bit unhappy that in future I will be paying extra for a speaker I don't want.

I'm looking forward to the Dapol 50 and hoping the DJM king happens. No interest in anything Farish for the forseeable future.
The Dapol 50 is very good looking, runs well too. I wouldn't worry too much about the cost of a speaker Chris, Alibaba  have them for sale from 20 US cents each, about 15 pence!
Cheers Colin

Paddy

Quote from: Portpatrick on January 14, 2019, 08:04:31 PM
Well at a pinch I might be tempted by a Class 40 in green with the 2 box indicators.   And could be by a Peak in that format if it appeared.   I would be more tempted by the green and cream WHL pair if the TSO was also available separately so I could make something approaching a decent rake.  Or did they actually run in Break and full open pairs?  Though for Allanbrae I would prefer the current Jacobite livery - it was dark red when I rode it in 2003.  So I will probably pass on those and also the rest.  Got more wagons than I need for both layouts already!

Interesting choice of the split head code box Class 40.  I thought Bachmann said they would not produce this variant as it is the Great Train Robbery loco?

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP