A sad week at home.

Started by Matthew-peter, April 17, 2013, 07:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moogle

Thats ok mate. My apologies. 
Cancer of any sort is nasty.
Lost my Nan to it and a spaniel/collie family pet.
Miss them both.
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

daveg

Spending some time doing catch-up after a day out

So sorry to read your news M-P. Like many others who have shared your sadness here, our furry pal Misty left us a few days before Christmas. She would have been 20 at the start of this month.

She had her own private vet - our next door neighbour - who took great care of her to the end and we placed her in a secluded spot nearby.

Chin up - it does get easier and you'll find you can look back and smile.

Dave G

pape_timmo

So sorry to hear of your loss, my deepest sympathies to you.

I too lost one of my cats two days ago. I let them out at lunchtime, and all was fine. A short while later i was making a sandwich in the kitchen, and looked out to see her collapsed across the garden path. i just knew something was wrong. We took her straight to the vets, but they couldn't help her. We had to make the decision there and then, a very sad time.

My other cat is now curled on my bed beside me, the first time I've ever let her up here, keeping me company.

Remember the good times and the funny things they do, and the precious joy that pets bring to our lives.
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Railway...

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeUUCqEw_rWo229kmnizFQ

Matthew-peter

Thanks for the kind words everyone, the area he is buried is now going to be a small flower bed, with a chair near by for my reading in the summer.

I am now back in the mood for modelling although still upset as can be imagined. Only going to start with something small though as to ease me back in. thinking of finishing the metcalfe station kit that I started a few weeks back.

OK who took my cake?

scotsoft

I am pleased you are back Matt, I know from experience you will never forget him, no matter how much time goes by.

Will we be seeing photographic representations in the near future of this station you are constructing?

cheers John.

Matthew-peter

Photo wise i do believe there will be photographic evidence shown on here, its the latest station kit by them, with the laser cut wood boards. Really nice kit and not too difficult either, saying that Ive always found the metcalfe kits nice and simple, providing you read the instructions a few times first haha.

OK who took my cake?

scotsoft

You must have something seriously wrong with you Matt, "read the instructions"  :o  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

Matthew-peter

Quote from: scotsoft on April 25, 2013, 01:00:50 PM
You must have something seriously wrong with you Matt, "read the instructions"  :o  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

Haha, well......
OK who took my cake?

daveg

Glad your back M-P  :wave:.

Certainly looking forward to your pics and report on the new Metcalfe station.

Dave G

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations