The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lawrence on January 07, 2012, 02:38:43 PM
Final total - 12 panes of greenhouse glass shattered, tomatoes might be a bit late this year  :(

Sorry to hear that, Lawrence - hopefully it's calmed down a lot. The first ever house I bought some smeghead had built a greenhouse underneath an apple tree. WTF were they thinking ::)

Lawrence

Quote from: newportnobby on January 07, 2012, 04:53:01 PM
Quote from: Lawrence on January 07, 2012, 02:38:43 PM
Final total - 12 panes of greenhouse glass shattered, tomatoes might be a bit late this year  :(

Sorry to hear that, Lawrence - hopefully it's calmed down a lot. The first ever house I bought some smeghead had built a greenhouse underneath an apple tree. WTF were they thinking ::)

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Pete Mc

I meant to post this up yesterday after I had got home from work but didn't really have time due to a desire to drink some beer.

Anyhow,whilst at work,going about my business,bus driving,I hit a dog.It was a staffy.I hit him or her whilst doing about 30 mph.The noise it made when the bus hit the dog was akin to hitting a brick wall,it were loud.

After this,I stopped as per the law to look for a dead dog,I didn't find one as it transpired that it ran off yelping.Now what bothers me about all this is,this dog is of the many types and breeds known as dangerous dogs that are meant to be musseled whilst out in public,and kept on a lead so they can be restrained by its owner if they become aggressive.This one was snarling at the bus.I only saw it briefly but I saw it snarling.

Now imagine it was snarling at a small child for a moment.

It went for a 10 ton bus with a view to biting it,that could equally have been someones small child that it decided to attack,obviously it wasn't but my point is its owner was nowhere to be seen,so could not have restrained it.

How monumentally stupid do people have to be to have these types of dogs and not realise that they can be a danger and need to be kept securely locked up.I see the type of people who own these types of dog and use them as a sign of their masculinity.Why not just get a westie or a jack russell.Its a dog after all,and Westies and Jack Russells cost less to feed.

It does wind me up because these same people allow their dogs to poo on paths or anywhere and don't pick up the mess after them.

My mates and some workmates have all said that there'll be a deadhead or crim crying over his injured dog/symbol of hardness probably laying there whimpering,in pain and unable to afford the vets bill.If they can't afford to take care of it,they shouldn't own it.

Pete
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

longbridge

Crikey 37 pages of angry threads since March 30 2011, must be a lot of cranky people out there  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Kipper

Pete, try owning a red Cocker Spaniel (like what I do), you will soon find out that Staffies are whimp dogs in comparison. Anyone wanting to own a Cocker is well advised to go for a mixed colour as the solid colours can have a very nasty nature (too much inbreeding). Trouble is, they can look sweetness and light one minute, then turn nasty the next - I have the scars to prove it, as does my vet!

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Pete Mc on January 09, 2012, 09:59:35 PM
How monumentally stupid do people have to be to have these types of dogs and not realise that they can be a danger and need to be kept securely locked up

Almost all dogs can be dangerous though - Alsatians have a terrible reputation of helping themselves to children, and any dog can accidentally do a lot of damage. I've had the dubious pleasure years ago  of having a great dane come *through* a double glazed front door while I was delivering a paper. It was a bit dim and it wanted to play but it made quite a mess and I ended up with several deep cuts from flying glass.

Plus dog poo on places like playing fields leads to kids ending up blind.

In angry thread spirit I'd start not with the odd attack by a dog, but by forcing anyone caught allowing their dog to foul in public to lick it up themselves.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Sprintex

Quote from: EtchedPixels on January 10, 2012, 04:44:46 PM
In angry thread spirit I'd start not with the odd attack by a dog, but by forcing anyone caught allowing their dog to foul in public to lick it up themselves.

I like your thinking!  :thumbsup:

Paul

Oldman

****** mobile internet. -normally a brilliant signal,was the reason I told BT to >>>>  ...  Speed was faster.
Today when I needed it most the mast went down. 10.30 am finally got 3G back after 9 hours. >:(
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

OwL

British Gas telesales people who keep pestering my mobile (although I have never been a British Gas customer!!)

I understand that they have a job to do, but after being told politely once in the morning im not at all interested, why phone back in the afternoon and ask the same question?

Jeeeezzzz!

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Cimmerian

There was a dog run over close to our house. The owner and his kids were playing with it on some grass by the main road. The dog ran into the road and got hit by a car. The driver was on his mobile and didn't stop in time. He stopped with the front wheel ON the dog. The police were called and they spent over an hour talking to everyone concerned, leaving the dog under the car! The road was chaos during this time and the dog finally died later on in the afternoon.

I wasn't sure who to get angry with, the owner, the driver or the police. They were all wrong and the poor dog was the one who paid the price
Regards, Ken

Bikeracer

I think anyone caught using a mobile phone while driving should get six points,£100.00 fine and the phone confiscated and destroyed there and then,regardless of how important they say their phone is.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

longbridge

Quote from: Bikeracer on January 11, 2012, 08:31:18 AM
I think anyone caught using a mobile phone while driving should get six points,£100.00 fine and the phone confiscated and destroyed there and then,regardless of how important they say their phone is.

Allan

Try crushing their car while they are sitting in it  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

As someone who drives around this country for a living (sales manager - all mouth and motorway :angel:) I am totally against the use of mobiles in a car, hands free or not.
Totally agree - crush 'em :evil:

Jerry Howlett

You want to see the Italians. They speak using their arms , gesticulating etc.. when in a car with the mobile (I think it may be compulsory to use one while driving here) they gesticulate with the arm that ISN'T holding the phone ! Even more scary when its a bloke driving a large truck steering with ????.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

moogle

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on January 11, 2012, 05:39:57 PM
You want to see the Italians. They speak using their arms , gesticulating etc.. when in a car with the mobile (I think it may be compulsory to use one while driving here) they gesticulate with the arm that ISN'T holding the phone ! Even more scary when its a bloke driving a large truck steering with ????.

Jesus!  :o If I ever visit Italy remind me not to drive!  :smiley-laughing:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations