Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

What job have you got that gives you such a long break?  ??? I had to retire to get a break that long.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

wot's a christmas break ?
before I retired I worked 4 on - 4 off 12 hr night shifts, didn't matter what day / night it was, no christmas break for a couple of months there  >:(

mind you, since I've retired I work  7 on - 0 off 24 hrs shift system, just for a different boss, .....SWMBO   :help:

RailGooner

Am unhappy to have discovered by chance - via the thread RAF Tornado aircraft farewell flypasts - that RAF Leuchars is now Leuchars Station. Did lots of dets there with 101 producing some of my best ever hangovers.

Like the time I was the last one onboard the last jet of a 4 bird det returning to Brize. Chocks was a perfectly reasonable 09:30 for a straight transit back to Brize, no brackets. Yet I nearly missed it and I should've been on the second jet. I wasn't so much hungover as still drunk! :dunce: :beers:

The next thing I knew was waking up in an empty jet, at a silent Brize. :confused1: Making my way offboard I found a note in the galley: "Lock up the jet and the Squadron before you go home!".  :confused1: The time was about 6pm! :goggleeyes:

steve836

:thankyousign:
Yes it's always sad to see one of the old faithfuls replaced, but thats progress I suppose. I'm old enough to remember Meteors and Canberras ( although I wasn't in the armed forces) and Bloodhounds for air defence.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

JBQFC

a quick update my colitis is not getting any better and my doctor wants me to finish my coarse of meds before doing any thing else 
my Dad is getting move to a hospis so they can sort out his meds
i have now just found out my father in law has died

2019 is not been very good to me  :'(

John

dannyboy

Sorry to hear your news John - my condolences on your loss. Hopefully things will start to improve for you.
David.

Bob Tidbury

JBQFC  :sorrysign: to hear of your loss ,I know how you must be feeling we had two funerals to attend in Janurary My Father in Law at the beginning of the month and a very good friend at the end of the month ,it's hard for anyone who hasnt had this to understand how you feel .
Deepest Sympathy
Bob Tidbury

daffy

My sympathies to you John.

And here's hoping the treatments for both yourself and your Dad can soon bring improvements.
With my wife awaiting an operation and my older brother having experienced two strokes in the last eight weeks, I can fully understand your feelings at this time.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

The Q

Quote from: class37025 on February 21, 2019, 07:39:24 PM
wot's a christmas break ?
before I retired I worked 4 on - 4 off 12 hr night shifts, didn't matter what day / night it was, no christmas break for a couple of months there  >:(

mind you, since I've retired I work  7 on - 0 off 24 hrs shift system, just for a different boss, .....SWMBO   :help:

You too, I did 27 years of that of 2 12 hour days, 2 12 hour nights 4 off or 4 12 hour days 4 off 4 12 hour nights 4 off.. Now I'm on 8 hour days for 4 more years then I join the second half of your shift pattern..

The Q

Quote from: RailGooner on February 21, 2019, 10:50:57 PM
Am unhappy to have discovered by chance - via the thread RAF Tornado aircraft farewell flypasts - that RAF Leuchars is now Leuchars Station. Did lots of dets there with 101 producing some of my best ever hangovers.

Like the time I was the last one onboard the last jet of a 4 bird det returning to Brize. Chocks was a perfectly reasonable 09:30 for a straight transit back to Brize, no brackets. Yet I nearly missed it and I should've been on the second jet. I wasn't so much hungover as still drunk! :dunce: :beers:

The next thing I knew was waking up in an empty jet, at a silent Brize. :confused1: Making my way offboard I found a note in the galley: "Lock up the jet and the Squadron before you go home!".  :confused1: The time was about 6pm! :goggleeyes:
I miss going to Leuchars too, I was part of the team (civilian) that installed test stations of the ADV radar there, and then went up there several times a year to service several bits of it..
By chance there was a WO who was  there who was a mere Cpl when I knew him Some years before, and also a Cpl who was on my intake into the RAF. Both were by this time looking after the Rapier Electronics..

JBQFC

Thank you all for your sympathies and best wishes

John and Clare

JBQFC

my dad lost his battle yesterday  :'(
i am feeling sad but he is no longer suffering and trying to remember the happy time

John

emjaybee

That's tough.

Remember the good times, remember he's at peace.

We're all here for you  bloke. Chin up.

M.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

dannyboy

Sorry to hear of your loss John but as you say, his suffering is over. I know it seems a bit trite, but it does get easier. However, we never forget - I still remember some of the things my Dad used to do and say, and he left us 22 years ago.
David.

Newportnobby

So sorry to hear that, John. My condolences to you all.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations