The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crewearpley40

Ah ok field trips those were the days. Always thought lancashire v yorkshire weather and annual school field trips i hated did it for me same old rain all day

Malc

Quote from: Bealman on August 13, 2019, 08:15:42 AM
My university lecturer when I was standing there getting peed on during a 1971 geology field trip  :uneasy:
I was at Staithes doing a geology field trip, standing on the beach in the pouring rain. I made copious notes in my field book only to find, when I got back to the uni, that  the rain had washed the entire book clean.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

I hope you did what I did....

I was flatting in Stockton with a bloke a year in front of me, who'd done the same trip.

I shouted him a few beers and he let me copy his entire folder from the trip!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

guest311

Quote from: Malc on August 14, 2019, 09:52:56 AM
My university lecturer when I was standing there getting peed on during a 1971 geology field trip  :uneasy:
I was at Staithes doing a geology field trip, standing on the beach in the pouring rain. I made copious notes in my field book only to find, when I got back to the uni, that  the rain had washed the entire book clean.

should have used an indelible pencil  :smiley-laughing:

Bealman

Wouldn't have made much difference to me, because I was either getting over the night before,  or getting started on the next  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Malc

We did just that George. A couple of beers in the union bar and problem got sorted.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on August 14, 2019, 09:52:56 AM

Don't tell me. The next excuse in your book was 'the dog ate my coursework' :no:

TrevL

Was that some sort of initiation ceremony
:smiley-laughing:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Skyline2uk

Feeling rather let down ( >:D) by the council today.

Having fixed my third puncture of the year (or had Halfords fix it, I am lazy) on Monday I was absolutely  :'( to find the same wheel flat on my bike upon leaving work yesterday.

Detailed inspection (requested) by Halfords man revealed ANOTHER thorn in the tire. After getting "slime" installed in the tube (why I wasn't offered that on Monday or even the first two times earlier this year is beyond me) I am back on the road.

Well I say road but I mean cycle path. I am blessed to have cycle paths for 90% of my journey, but seeing as the council goons seem to insist of spreading sharp vegetation all over them it seems the road would be less expensive  :'(

Anybody wanna by a Class 57 Thunderbird to keep me in inner tubes?!

Skyline2uk

JBQFC

Quote from: Skyline2uk on August 15, 2019, 08:06:21 AM

Having fixed my third puncture of the year (or had Halfords fix it, I am lazy) on Monday I was absolutely  :'( to find the same wheel flat on my bike upon leaving work yesterday.

Detailed inspection (requested) by Halfords man revealed ANOTHER thorn in the tire. After getting "slime" installed in the tube (why I wasn't offered that on Monday or even the first two times earlier this year is beyond me) I am back on the road.

Well I say road but I mean cycle path. I am blessed to have cycle paths for 90% of my journey, but seeing as the council goons seem to insist of spreading sharp vegetation all over them it seems the road would be less expensive  :'(

Skyline2uk

get some tyre liners they work wonders but don't get the very cheap ones are they can bit a bit stiff and puncture your tyre
i use these Zefal ones

John

stevewalker

Today is our son's 16th Birthday and he wanted to upgrade his computer, so I bought him a new motherboard, processor and ram. I checked on the shop's website for compatibility and they referred to the manufacturer's website, where it confirmed that the motherboard and processor were compatible. On stripping out his old system and replacing the parts today, it wouldn't boot. It turns out that the information is incomplete and the processor is only compatible with the latest version of the bios and the shop's boards still only have the older bios - and of course you need a working processor to update the bios! Of course the shop is now closed 'til Monday and I am working long days Monday to Wednesday, before we go on a camping trip on Thursday. We don't come back until Tuesday night and I'll be working long days again for the rest of the week. So much for his birthday present :(

Just to make it worse, I'd actually looked carefully and chosen a board where the bios can be flashed from USB without a processor. I'd downloaded and read the manual before buying and it tells you how to do it. *Except* that page has apparently been copied from the manual for another board and the facilities for it don't exist on this one. Grrr!

On top of that, it has been an expensive weekend - his present, our wedding anniversary (he was born on our 1st), a family meal out for 9, two new tyres on the car, the microwave has broken and I've received a letter from HMRC wanting £519 off me immediately, despite them giving me a refund of over £650 last month!?

guest311

HMRC, like the good lord, Giveth and taketh  :'(

emjaybee

Quote from: class37025 on August 18, 2019, 09:46:26 AM
HMRC, like the good lord, Giveth and taketh  :'(

I'm trying to figure out when the back they giveth.

???
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Kokuma

they may giveth but they sure as hell taketh a lot more!  :veryangry:

The Q

Quote from: JBQFC on August 15, 2019, 07:53:31 PM
Quote from: Skyline2uk on August 15, 2019, 08:06:21 AM

Skyline2uk

get some tyre liners they work wonders but don't get the very cheap ones are they can bit a bit stiff and puncture your tyre
i use these Zefal ones

John
I wish i could get liners for the  tyres on my Lawn jungle mower, I have to make do with the slime..

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations