what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattJ

Just finished wiring the bus for the inner loop so now I have double track running!
They're there for their tea.

Tdm

Your comments Caz on my amended layout caused me to have a 2nd rethink, and in doing so thought of further changes that give me longer sidings, end to end running, and more passing loops, therefore allowing more train combinations on the track at the same time.

Have further amended the design therefore as per following pic - just need the track pieces in order to do it.

jonclox

Quote from: Tdm on February 19, 2014, 10:41:44 PM

Is it just me that likes to change things after a short while, I doubt whether I will ever be fully satisfied with my layout.

Ive always thought that it was compulsory to try and improve on the original design  :confused1:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

d-a-n

Added NEM pockets to either end of my Yeoman PGA rake so now I can shunt them and start playing with them again (I don't think they've been out in a year and I've only owned them 18 months.)
I'm now looking for other items of rolling stock to add NEM pockets to...

ParkeNd

Assembled the old shop next to the signal box - just two more bits of the five part roof to add.

Then rushed downstairs to watch Bigger and Better on BBC4. Sir Nigel Gresley in steam - but mostly the French AGV breaking the world record. 374.& mph - that's a rocket on rails!!

texhorse

I am currently building a Pikestuff Distribution Centre kit, which will become Kingsbury Concrete Products, supplying concrete posts, bollards and such like to all points in Indiana and further afield.

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Caz

Putting a tail light in a Farish Toad guards van.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

ParkeNd

Making a 6" long stick of  4mm x 2.5 mm section of balsa clad with Slaters Plastikard flemish brick on all four sides so I can cut off a short length of chimney stack whenever I need one for a building.

barnyswain

> 1, solder 2 pairs of track joints
> 2, test electrics
> 3, fix down (glue) a section of flex
> 4. run trains

well, 1,2 and 4 are done, although I am not happy with some of 1

priority is fixing my regulated power supply at the moment, and gluing a card kit together (for the hell of it!)

I am not doing 3 until the platform is built (another card kit)

ngauger

Quote from: barnyswain on February 25, 2014, 02:31:02 PM
well, 1,2 and 4 are done, although I am not happy with some of 1

"Perfection is not to be found, neither in men, nor the lot they're offered"

JB Priestley. (The Good Companions).
LNWR & Midland Railway Company

bees

I've completed my Station Building

[smg id=10521]

Now put in place with a few other kits on the platform of Nathayle Town

[smg id=10524]

..........and now handling its first group of passengers that has just got off my favourite train

The next kit is underway, I'm making Nathayle DM&EE from the Modern Warehouse kit

[smg id=10523]

Steven
I like to start each day the same, sit up and take a deep breath!
First objective for the day achieved, woohoo!!!

Tdm

Nice surprise these morning - Reception rang to say there were 2 parcels for me.
One was from Hattons (ordered 7 days ago) and the other my 1st order from Osborns (also ordered just 7 days ago).

The Hattons order was mainly scenic items and a couple of points and I have spent the afternoon installing some of them.
The Osborns order was a yellow Network Rail Class 31 which runs just fine, plus a couple of "lighted" buffer stops which also work well - much better than the plain standard Peco ones.

I am still awaiting some more track to complete the changes to my layout, after which I will photograph and video it and upload it to YouTube and post a Link on here.

Am also experimenting with TrainPlayer software linked to AnyRail to see if I can get a running PC model of my layout for viewing on my laptop when I can't be bothered to go upstairs to my store room to work with the real thing.
The TrainPlayer software is a 30 day free trial version and so far have got it to Import my AnyRail layout, but there are a few problems to resolve yet.

Well it was an unusual cloudy day today - so there was no point going to the Pool to sunbathe and swim, so did the next best thing and worked on my railway.
Tomorrow is snooker day when I take the Stag out for a run to the venue where I play doubles with some more Castle Harbour owners.

Oh & by the way I have just booked to fly over to Chester March 7th to 12th, anything going on in that area between those dates in the way of train fairs or swap meets?.

scottmitchell74

Fantastic building, bees!

Quote from: Tdm on February 25, 2014, 05:51:19 PM
Nice surprise these morning - Reception rang to say there were 2 parcels for me.
One was from Hattons (ordered 7 days ago) and the other my 1st order from Osborns (also ordered just 7 days ago).

Man, very nice. Gives me hope of my package arriving soon, as I'm on day 8. Woo!
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

scotsoft

Quote from: bees on February 25, 2014, 04:57:05 PM
I've completed my Station Building

Steven

A good looking building Steven  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Bealman

Yep, very nice. Don't forget the chimney pots!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations