what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x2

I dropped a soldering iron on a dapol hymek.... :o 

Some would say that wasn't a bad thing !  >:D
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

NeMo

Who! Sacrilege! It's a lovely little model* of a great little engine!

Cheers, NeMo

*Once you figure out you'll be feeding it bogie tower gear wheels on a regular basis so lay in a few for replacement!

Quote from: 4x2 on August 06, 2013, 06:29:17 PM
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Southendnick

Right now it's hidden away from my Nephew & Niece's... and I am asking myself why did I not paint the board before pinning the track down.  :doh:

Will attempt to lift what I have put down and paint the board, it will be all over grey to start off with, as the railway I have based it on was built around a boating lake, did think about cutting the middle out to create the lake but the board would become very flimsy and would probably snap in two (no earthquakes in Southend!) I might attempt to chisel out a bit to create a reses but will probably just end up painting it blue.

4x2

Quote from: NeMo on August 06, 2013, 06:46:28 PM
Who! Sacrilege! It's a lovely little model* of a great little engine!

Cheers, NeMo

*Once you figure out you'll be feeding it bogie tower gear wheels on a regular basis so lay in a few for replacement!

Quote from: 4x2 on August 06, 2013, 06:29:17 PM
Don't worry... I bought a dummy one and used the body, mine was actually a great runner - but i sold it in the end to help pay for my NCE powercab controller. Dapol Hymeks don't have the best reputation hence my cheeky comment !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

EtchedPixels

Just finished building the Parkwood kit of the older LMS/GWR shunters. Its slightly late for the LMS stuff I have but will make an interesting addition to the kettles and 1831 (the original LMS diesel shunter)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Ollie3440

Currently giving Sheaf the once over to check everything is in working order ready for show at  Leyland this weekend :D

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Cpt Jack Sparrow

currently planning the build of my first ever n gauge base board :thumbsup:

Paul

daveg

Quote from: Cpt Jack Sparrow on August 06, 2013, 09:19:04 PM

Paul

Ah, poor chap!  ::)

He's hooked and there's no going back now! :D

Dave G

Cpt Jack Sparrow

Quote from: daveg on August 06, 2013, 09:43:42 PM
Quote from: Cpt Jack Sparrow on August 06, 2013, 09:19:04 PM

Paul

Ah, poor chap!  ::)

He's hooked and there's no going back now! :D

Dave G

Hook line and sinker.... :smiley-laughing:

Oldman

Nothing now.
Trying to decide wether to scrap the Brickworks Layout and or stick it in the loft and do something different. :hmmm: ??? :confused2: :uneasy:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

4x2

Creating drawings for case/cover for 'black sheep lane'. The plan is to frame the front of the layout and then add discreet lighting.

I have to draw a plan as just random wood cutting always ends in disaster !

Mike

GroupC

I'm not doing anything on my layout (unfortunately) but I will be laying some 1:1 bricks in my 1:1 back garden later.

Well, when I say "not doing anything" I'm still buying loads of stock if that counts.

daveg

Quote from: GroupC on August 07, 2013, 10:42:33 AM
I'm not doing anything on my layout (unfortunately) but I will be laying some 1:1 bricks in my 1:1 back garden later.

Well, when I say "not doing anything" I'm still buying loads of stock if that counts.

Ditto but decorating rather than bricklaying.

Dave G

zwilnik

Wiring mostly and building my control panel, but also built a shelf for it in front of the layout last night.

bridgiesimon

I am not doing anything on my layout, I am sat at my computer typing a silly reply to this forum, oh dear, time for th emen in the white coats and a padded cell me thinks!!!!

Simon

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations