what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinntopia

I can sympathize with the 30c shed...my layout is in my garage and in the summer it just gets too darn warm out there (I can open up the garage door, but that tends to attract bugs!).

Anyway, I'm sort of winding down on modeling for the summer, but I have been obsessed with getting my passenger terminal and its station complete before the summer weather hits.

Here's a shot of the tracks and platforms (before some details were added):

And here's a shot of my nearly complete terminal building for the station:

In general I'm pleased...I'm at a pretty good point to slow down and pick it up again in the fall!  It'll be fun too as at this point all sytrofoam and other unsightly looking areas are covered and I can work on more fun scenery and detail items.

Tank

tadpole

Two rails good. Three better.

galway

Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

Fratton

That Is a massively impressive terminus! I'm pondering buying some self adhesive insulating foil as I'm shopping near B&Q v soon,,,,
Charlie.

Donkey

scotsoft

What a great terminal to have some of the classic locos pulling in to, The Zephyr, Morning Daylight, El Capitan, Super Chief - Oh the list could go on and on   :thumbsup:

Sorry to say this but roll on your Fall when you get back to working on it  ;)

cheers John.

Joe 90

Mr.Grumpy

I wish to make some similar buildings for my layout. Got any links?
N Gauge Dystopian Future: Planning | Construction

Pengi

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

mickey26

What am I doing on my layout right now? Sitting with my back to it making up waybills in an endeavour to get my goods wagons rolling on my new, nearly completed layout. That and searching the internet for fairly easy waybill ideas. Don't go for the two or three waybills per wagon system. Just FROM/TO suits my way of easy operation. Just like to run trains. Mickey26. 

EtchedPixels

Playing tr... I mean testing my new NEM bar couplings.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Fratton

cladding a kestral kit with plasticard brick texture sheet, and hopefully coming up with something more scale looking,,,,
Charlie.

Oldman

Nothing because I on the forum whilst sitting in the doctors waiting room waiting for my Asthma annual check up.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations