The Great Model Railway Challenge

Started by Newportnobby, September 22, 2018, 08:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60156 Great Central

As an RM Web user  :uneasy: I will say that they aren't all bad but then I mainly exist in the Pre-Grouping section and have found them to be a great bunch if a little  :laugh3: in the best possible way  :beers:

I am looking forward to the next episode, despite thoughts about it, it's nice to have something that is actually railway related that isn't someone walking down a disused track saying how nice it is the trains have gone (There was a Julia Bradbury program to that effect a few years back)

Do we actually know if you are not allowed to use anything but OO in the heats? I know there was some 009 in Episode 2 but just a thought

The Q

it's reported elsewhere they were required to use OO as the main railway. The production company had at one time thought of connecting all the layouts together as one giant layout.. Also I believe the train had to be able to carry their camera

ScottishModeller

Quote from: The Q on October 24, 2018, 01:50:56 PM
it's reported elsewhere they were required to use OO as the main railway. The production company had at one time thought of connecting all the layouts together as one giant layout.. Also I believe the train had to be able to carry their camera
Hi there,

What you have said is almost correct....

If you entered you could use N Gauge for the model.

However, if you got to the final you had to have 00 as the finished models are meant to join up into a 'supersized' layout.

This is the one reason why there is no totally N gauge layout in the competition.

It would have meant building a totally new layout in 00 for the final.

I did think about something along the lines of the layout that has both 00 and N on it, but time was against it.

Thanks
Thanks
Phil Holman

Bealman

Well, just watched episode 2 (8 am Aus time!) and quite enjoyed it. I quite liked the wok on the fishing rod!

I think the trick is not to take the show too seriously.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

JonHarbour

I suppose it was a Dalek  'Wok'et.   :doh: (I'll get my coat and hat now).
Still planning a layout...

Bealman

Fardap

Press release from Bachmann about products used on the last show including the GF line.
Winners will be on their stand at Warley...

http://news.bachmann.co.uk/2018/10/bachmann-products-as-seen-on-screen/

joe cassidy

I got caught reading "Steam World" in the Air France lounge at Birmingham airport today, by one of the ladies who works there.

She mentioned that she really enjoys this program so it seems that it's a hit with ordinary folk whatever we may think  of it.

Best regards,

Joe

Bealman

Just had a look at episode three, and agree with most of the comments on page 13.

Marginal TV at best.

paulprice

Quote from: Bealman on October 26, 2018, 06:01:47 AM
Just had a look at episode three, and agree with most of the comments on page 13.

Marginal TV at best.

Is that rubbish still on the TV?

Lawrence

I believe one of our own is on tonight's episode  ;)

Bob Tidbury

Come on Lawrence don't keep it a secret I won't be able to watch untill later tonight so I will look out for whoever.
Bob Tidbury

Lawrence

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on October 26, 2018, 08:43:32 PM
Come on Lawrence don't keep it a secret I won't be able to watch untill later tonight so I will look out for whoever.
Bob Tidbury

It's a secret, but he does have a very wide centre parting and dapper specs a-dangling  ;)

guest311

just watched on my5, and I must admit to being baffled at the result.

one minute it was 'great modelling, but rubbish on the fire & ice' next it was 'they are the winners'.

will need to inbibe some scottish water and rewatch in the hope that I will understand  :beers:

daffy

Some excellent modelling by one team this week. If only all the teams in the series were of the same calibre, and the editors were a lot fairer in the way they portray them, this would have the makings of a good programme.

So I didn't waste an hour watching it. Maybe just 30 minutes.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations