Google or Windows 10 ?

Started by BobB, October 03, 2015, 06:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobB

Well a few of our computers have installed windows 10 with somewhat mixed results. One common fault that we are struggling to sort out is correct operation of bluetooth keyboards and mice. Generally they seem to work when using microsoft programs like office. But Google run programs (like this - Google is our browser) then they misbehave and all sorts of messing up occurs.

Has anybody else had theis problem; and if so how was it fixed ? HELP

austinbob

Quote from: BobB on October 03, 2015, 06:14:31 PM
Well a few of our computers have installed windows 10 with somewhat mixed results. One common fault that we are struggling to sort out is correct operation of bluetooth keyboards and mice. Generally they seem to work when using microsoft programs like office. But Google run programs (like this - Google is our browser) then they misbehave and all sorts of messing up occurs.

Not had any problems with my Wireless keyboard and mouse - could be a driver problem. Have you checked for driver updates?
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

surfaceman

Quote from: BobB on October 03, 2015, 06:14:31 PM

Hi,

After installing W10, we ( I and Mrs S ) had multiple issues with Google ( including lots of adware pop-ups ). We now use Firefox and have had no issues ... so far.

Hope this helps,

Alex 

BobB

Hi austinbob

The first thing we did was check for the drivers, then uninstall and re-install, change blink rates and repeat rates.........

Nothing helped !

Hi surfaceman

I thought about changing the browser but we use gmail accounts. Gmail is one of the worst offenders when composing an e-mail. I suppose we could try a different browser. Is Firefox OK to use ?

Trev

Hi Bob.
You can access Gmail accounts on any browser- Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge or any others all work .

They work because signing into Gmail is no different from signing into this forum.

Trev
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

Bealman

As someone that grew up with awesome articles in RM in the fifties and sixties, I am a dinosaur. But I stick with the maxim "if it works don't fix it."

My home computer is running Vista and I am out on an elcheapo Android phone at moment, and I can connect to the NGF and other websites that are of interest.

Why would I stuff around with a new OS when this is working fine?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

BobB

It seems to be fixed !

There was a website called techradar.com - 20 problems with win10. They had identified the problems with Chrome and suggested it microsoft's way of getting users to adopt their edge program. All I had to do was uninstall and re-install Chrome. Now it seems to work.

Thanks everybody.

BobB

Another computer now updated to windows 10; the first with windows 7 professional up to windows 10. Appears to be absolutely trouble free this time, no problems identified.

Well having said that, all the win7 games have gone. Shame.

keithfre

Quote from: Trev on October 04, 2015, 08:13:38 AM
You can access Gmail accounts on any browser- Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge or any others all work .
Or using an e-mail program such as Thunderbird. That's how I access my gmail.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations