la Vuelta 2018

Started by Caz, August 22, 2018, 06:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

I reviewed the RTVe TV catchup video of the whole race and it seems they also jumped the bit through the village by cutting back and forth from the leader then to the peleton and back to the leader again the other side of the village so that's why nobody manage to stop the NGF banner.   :(    :'(

It still was a great day and I've learnt more about cycle racing in the last few days than the whole rest of my life.    ::)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Newportnobby

@Caz
Apart from trundling around on my ancient mountain bike I never had any great interest in cycling but some years back I first got caught up with track racing on the telly (Olympics, World Championships) and then the major tours shown on ITV4 (and I thank and curse them for their coverage as I spend far too much time in front of the telly). I would urge you to watch more, Caz, as the strategies/tactics and endurance of the teams over vast distances is mind blowing. The scenery is generally fantastic to see, as well.
In the UK we normally get coverage of the Criterium du Dauphiné, Tour de France and Tour of Britain  in full coverage and La Vuelta as highlights (probably as it tends to clash with the Tour of Britain) along with UK road race championship highlights round various towns/cities. The track racing is usually shown on the dear old Beeb

Bealman

I must admit I like the scenery  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Caz

Perhaps you should come and visit some time George.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Bealman

Thanks! Would love to see your wonderful layout!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Not a lot been posted but Simon Yates has ridden out of his skin to my mind. Hopefully he can come through tomorrow's tricky stage unscathed and claim the victory.

GroupC

Really enjoyed the race this year, some great performances (e.g. yesterday's  - Thursday's -finish).

But has Simon Yates got a really small face, or really big sunglasses? I think we should be told. Perhaps he does a spot of welding on the side.

njee20

Can't stand the current trend for enormous sunglasses. Oakley achieved perfection with the Radar and Radarlock; the Eyeshades, Flight Jackets, Jawbreakers etc just look ridiculous, and those Scott and POC ones are no better!

Newportnobby

Huzzah! :claphappy:
Another cool, calm and calculated ride by Simon Yates wins the day.
In case you don't know that is the first time ever a nation has won all 3 majors (Giro d'Italia, Tour de France and La Vuelta) with different riders in the same year. British cycling is really on a high, and long may it continue.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations